View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2016, 03:49 PM   #16
gordian_knot
Vintage Member

Thanked 13,823 Times in 1,209 Posts
gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+gordian_knot 50000+

I'll be voting to leave. I supported joinng the Common Market because it seemed sensible in business terms but it was never meant to be a political union and the people never voted for that.

We've seen our independence and our rights dribble away constantly since then, and whatever Cameron may say the ultimate goal is a single European government, which we will eventually end up with if we don't take this chance to leave. It may be our one and only opportunity.

The arguments you'll hear in the media (for and against) are bogus in my opinion. Already they're banging on about security and the economy. Neither will change much whether we're in or out. Security agencies all work hand-in-glove these days and don't have much to do with the EU as an entity. That will continue. And we're such a big economy (soon to be 4th in the world apparently) that people will continue to trade with us. So after a bit of adjustment things will work much as before.

What will be different is that we will once again be in control of our own destiny.
gordian_knot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to gordian_knot For This Useful Post: