View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2017, 12:32 AM   #28
sammler
hoarder of smut

Thanked 21,973 Times in 468 Posts
sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+sammler 100000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by masque51 View Post
I have this picture from Mexican PB that I'm going to merge but as you can see the right side of the picture is much greener than the left. This is not a scanning error. It was printed this way.

I use Photoshop Elements 9 as my graphics program. So far I've tried changing the tint, temperature, adjust color for skin tone, and a number of other adjustments. Nothing comes close to fixing the problem. In the picture between the heads of the 2 models the background is brown on one side and green on the other. Is there some way of making the right side of the picture more brown?
I know this has been long time ago, but I'd like to add my two cents:

In addition to separating the two halves and correcting each one separately, adjustments sometimes need to be made in the printing color space (CMYK) instead of sticking with the typical RGB color space. The reason behind this is that the color error was not committed in the photo lab, but rather at the printer. And that's where it is easiest to correct. If you try to correct RGB curves you'd have to move two sliders simultaneously. In CMYK space you correct the color that is the problem: E.g. Not enough cyan or too much yellow.

Here's what my adjustment attempt looks like:

sammler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sammler For This Useful Post: