Thread: UFO TV series
View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #2
Greenman
Live Legend of VEF

Thanked 383,588 Times in 19,356 Posts
Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+
Default Re: Ufo TV series

From what I have read in FANDERSON-the Official Gerry Anderson Appreciation Society's own magazine-of which I have been a member since 1985-it rates most highly-here are some titbits about the actors/actresses

Gabrielle Drake-Lt Gay Ellis-went into CROSSROADS the new version in the 90's
Antonia Ellis-Lt ?-an author I believe or at least a writer for tv (but not the creator of Ally McBeal)
Wanda Ventham-Col Veronica Lake-went into comedies and series of various sorts such as "The Kelly Monteith Show" and "The Two Ronnies" to name but two.
George Sewell-Col. Alec Freeman- went into police dramas such as "Special Branch"* and later "The Detectives" comedy series and recently died after a long ilness (RIP)
Ed Bishop-Commander Ed Straker-did a lot of voice over work, also did the Kenny Everett Show and many others-but he too is now dead-died two-three years ago.
Ayshea Brough-one of the SHADO radio operatives and whose bottom is seen in marvellous closeup in the opening titles of the very first episode "IDENTIFIED" had her own show "Lift Off with Ayshea" then moved to America-not been seen in anything since.
Michael Billington-Col. Paul Foster-an accomplished singer believe it or not, died early in his career.
(Not to be confused with the same named actor who played Mr Venables the Governer of Slade Prison in Porridge)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20,000: Milestone reached!
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Greenman For This Useful Post: