View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Artsey

Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+Artsey 2500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hos View Post
the first thing i would do in your situation is organizing the images properly.
keep images together which belong together. from same TV show, same gallery, same mag story etc. keep them together in a folder,. then it's much easier to stay on track with shootings you already have - entirely or not.
That works good for professional models with several dozen images of any given shoot and several dozen shoots in total. There are many filing methods and many that work better for varying purposes such as finding a particular image or simply browsing.

But for Jayne Mansfield and my other favorite movie stars there are too many differant "shoots" with too few images in each. It makes a mess of dozens, if not hundreds, of folders. Worse than combining shoots of a few images into criteria folders of a couple hundred images. With general movie stars, most I only have a few of any given one, and most I wouldn't recognize the name or what is in the folder. It is more efficient to combine similar stars. For instance I combine Yvonne Decarlo with Elvira, Tura Satana and Elizabeth Taylor. I combine Barbara Nichols with Diana Dors.

Also there's the problem with naming a multiplicity of folders and then remembering the name when looking for that folder, or what's in it. For a distinctive costume it's easy. Like Raquel Welch's stars and stripes myra Breckinridge, 1,000,000 BC or magic christian costumes. I put all 233 1,000,000 BC costume images into one folder. 356 of the rest of those costume images into a single costumes folder. Not so easy for street clothes, glamor wear, or all the different bikinis and swimsuits.

While filing methods and priorities are related to sorting and finding duplicates this thread is merely focused on finding duplicates on your own hard drive. Not at all about finding duplicates on VEF.

Last edited by Artsey; August 10th, 2013 at 11:00 PM..
Artsey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Artsey For This Useful Post: