View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM   #28
qwerty007
I got myself banned

Thanked 121,987 Times in 4,988 Posts
qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+qwerty007 500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grossnex View Post
It's not just all toxic waste dumps my brother. There's a yellow stain in the sky above Newark & Elizabeth as if God Himself decided to urinate on us all!

I have to say I've never been inside of Giants Stadium for a game in my entire life. They have to be some of the hardest tickets to come by. Unless you were a Jets fan until recently. Then it probably wasn't that hard to get in . I'm a Giants fan & I think they've been sold out on season tickets since the days of Lawrence Taylor. I know people that make the trip to Philadelphia or Washington DC just to see the Giants play because they can't get in. I feel your pain with the Habs. Funny how you have to go to Florida where there IS NO ICE just to see your favorite hockey team play (I know you said you lived there).

Even season ticket holders were bent over the rails when they built this new stadium. Both Giants & Jets fans who purchased seats decades ago were extorted for thousands of more $ by the franchises because of the PSL's or whatever they're called. The biggest rip off in sports history if you ask me. If you buy 1 of these licenses for the seat, it only covers the game. It's not like you get to see say... Bruce Springsteen if he's playing Giants Stadium. You could technically buy a ticket for that & wind up in an entirely different section of the stadium. It drives me batshit crazy! I have a cousin who had his Jets season tickets willed to him from his grandfather. The Jets wanted an additional $20,000 on top of the ticket prices for him to keep his seats! He had a mortgage to pay so he couldn't do it.

It's sad to say, but the hardcore Giants fan is stuck outside the stadium, tailgating in the parking lot & watching it on TV. I've been to some of those gatherings outside. These people deserve better than this. It's like something out of a bad medieval movie - the peasants outside the castle walls looking up at the monarchs.... disgusting!

A-Rod was the type of guy I was speaking of when mentioning passionless players. I think he cares way too much about what people think about him. Contrast that with Derek Jeter who's been known to dive full speed into the stands to catch a foul ball for an out. A-Rod would be too worried about scratching his face!

Last but not least... as I said I'm a Giants fan, so give me Eli over Sanchez any day of the week. Did you see how Sanchez was last year? Eating a hot dog during the game, scolding the media as if he had an entire season under his belt, commercials all over the place like he won something..... just gross.
But what does anybody really expect from a USC quarterback. Matt Leinert's the same way for Arizona. Those guys are superstars 1st & NFL players 2nd. I don't think everyone from USC is like that - just the QB's.

BTW, anyone ever see this movie?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131857/

It's a comedy that perfectly mocks the current state of sports in the US.
You're right.

I think the sense of entitlement starts in college.

Haven't seen the movie, but I've heard of it.

PSL's...what a scam. Timeshare salesmen, these guys!

SO: Can Eli win another SB? Will either of the Manning boys get another one...and which one?

I am a Steeler fan, have been for over 40 yrs (it's the team we had on the TV on Sundays in Mtl) Franco Harris, Bradshaw, Webster, Cunningham, Blier, Mel Blout, LC Greenwood, Mean Joe, Ham, Lambert...I could go on and on...

...I sound like my parents did..BUT THESE GUYS,,,played the game.

KEEFRIFF: Vikings fan?
qwerty007 is offline   Reply With Quote