View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #139
Greenman
Live Legend of VEF

Thanked 383,508 Times in 19,356 Posts
Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+Greenman 1000000+

As good as these clips are, and I would like to thank all those who contributed to this thread over the past year and continue to take an interest, I feel we are getting away from the main theme which is traditional striptease in which the girl ends up naked and showing all or nearly all-whereas burlesque combines dance with a sort of elegance. Real stripping is not meant to be elegant or classy, its supposed to look and feel sleazy(because that is what it used to be in pubs, clubs etc) Burlesque is staged, its choreographed and the women don't have to be that good looking(there are some real horrors around that do burlesque you wish hadn't). A real stripper won't bother about co-ordination, what she looks like or where she performed as long as the money was good-normally a whipround was done beforehand and no doubt a few copious glasses of whisky for 'dutch courage'. I think we should be careful not to blur the two mediums, either that or change the title of this thread to 'Traditional Striptease vs Burlesque-that way both of those genres could be posted for comparison. Anyway I am sure you all have your own opinions, I'm just a bluff old traditionalist-although I might add I never went into pubs that much and most didn't have strippers anyway. Anyone who has seen the film 'The Night They Raided Minskys' will know the one thing strippers in Burlesque cannot do-show ANY naked flesh thats not covered. Its the only thing that makes it acceptable even for the West End of London(once renowned for nudity on stages)

I tell you one thing that puts me off these performances the wolf-like howling from the crowd/audience its like one of those Tex Avery cartoons when a wolf goes through a routine of his eyes popping out of his head, drooling into his drink, his tongue unfolds like a carpet and steam comes out of his ears-I imagine the same each time I hear that kind of audience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20,000: Milestone reached!
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Greenman For This Useful Post: