View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2017, 06:45 PM   #3
31D1

A little over a month ago I started a thread titled "VEF Site Problems" where I expressed this
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31D1 View Post
Is anyone else feeling the load times on VEF very, very sluggish? This is a problem I've noticed the past weeks or so. I do have fast internet, no firewalls or anything like that, and all other websites are running smoothly. I'm not sure what it is or if I'm alone, or if it's something regional or what. It'd be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this. This has never happened with me and VEF before by the way. It's always been smooth sailing until now. The load times are a bit long and sometimes the connection just fails and doesn't load at all, whenever I want to maneuver anywhere new on the site. Wait time could be 30-40 seconds (where it usually would be a literal second to load) or it won't load a page at all. Sometimes it does function normal and it does load instantly. But lately it's been stalling. Not sure what's going on. If it's on VEF's end or mine.
This problem never really got fixed for me. Well, I forgot to add this, all this is in relation to only my laptop. I can access VEF on my tablet and the speed is fast (all normal). But on my laptop (where I do all of the uploading to share stuff), VEF has been acting the same way Planetsuzy is being described in buttsie's post, for about a little over a month now. I tried clearing all the data, used Maleware Bytes (found nothing) as well as used CCleaner, but the site's still slow. I'm using Firefox, but it's the same on IE and Opera (I tried them all). It's puzzled me. I even tried the Restore Point feature on Windows to see if that would help matters but it didn't. I should also mention I recently found that the one way I can get VEF to function normally is to use a Proxy Site. Through that, it is actually functioning normally. But using a Proxy site is a pain as it doesn't keep my username and password saved and frequently logs me off as well, and I have to keep signing in every so often. And on top of that, I just began getting this annoying notice (when I use VEF via the proxy site):

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

cookie

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on? And it's just me on only this laptop apparently. Although yesterday VEF also had some trouble coming up at all on my tablet (where it used to always work). And yes, all other sites work well. It's only VEF. And PS, though I'm only a casual visitor to PS so I wouldn't know how bad it is over there.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: