View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM   #11
nailsfromthething
Vintage Member

Thanked 39,554 Times in 1,165 Posts
nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+nailsfromthething 175000+

Re: the authenticity of the Lynda Carter pic...

Pl@yboy can't reprint every single nude pic they have in their archives. In the 1980s Raquel Welch successfully stopped them using certain pics they had of her from an old photoshoot.

In the case of the Apocalypse Now photoshoot, the use of those pictures was as prop material for Zoetrope Studios, not for general usage in the magazine, and reproduction rights would not only have been split between the two companies but would be very different and far more locked-down than in the case of a nude-shoot intended for magazine distribution.

Like everyone else, I want the photo to be real, and after reading and viewing the material here, I am now leaning far more to the notion that it is than I ever have.

As a graphic artist I know that the ‘simple cut and paste’ procedures mentioned as explanation for the hand being obscured by hair in one shot and not in the other is absurd - the amount of work involved to make an adjustment like that is absolutely phenomenal, even today. In the 1970s it would have been an absurd effort.

What I see is that Zoetrope ended up with a nude shoot they couldn’t use because the actress had changed for the role, so they gave prints to a photographer and said 'Match that, using Coleen Camp'.

Let’s get one thing clear - the body section is NOT inverted (see pic): the collar of the denim jacket is more evident in the Carter pic, the right hand is less obscured by hair and the left hand is further back on the hip.

Sadly, even though they are two different pictures, there are so many similarities as to cause confusion: the ring on the model’s ring finger of the left hand seems identical, and more importantly, the body seems to be the same body – ratio of breasts to stomach, nipple size and position relative to breast, etc.

The one remaining hope is that, since we are dealing with a production company having spent money on a shoot and looking for a quick, cheap fix, that it was easier for them to put Coleen Camp’s face on ANOTHER of the Lynda Carter pics from that shoot.

This is something that will never be solved, IMO, until the exact pic containing Lynda Carter’s exact head-shot turns up in a possible ‘original’. Or unless Carter or Coppola fess up.

nailsfromthething is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nailsfromthething For This Useful Post: