View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #2
ukcarter

Thanked 1,633 Times in 50 Posts
ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+ukcarter 5000+

Yes, I went to a fair number of shoots organised by Pat Wynn and got to shoot Stacey Owen, Danica, Vicky Lee, Kathy Shannon, Debee Ashby and many more delightful and well known young ladies.

I miss those shoots - the atmosphere was very friendly and the quality of models top notch.

I think by default, copyright belongs to the photographer not the model as it counts as "work for hire" - unless agreed otherwise beforehand (eg signing a model release releasing her from the default case). However, in organised shoots I suspect the copyright is retained by the organiser? But I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV so I may be very wrong.

I'll assume I do not have copyright until somebody (eg Pat) tells me I do. Alas, in any case I have a few thousand negatives that are gradually fading and no decent film scanner.

However, I think "fair use" of discussing the topic allows me to post a small thumbnail of what was possible even when surrounded by a dozen or so photographers jostling for position if one is prepared to wait for the moment.

ukcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to ukcarter For This Useful Post: