View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2017, 10:59 AM   #2206
deezer
Sunny Mod

Thanked 53,346 Times in 5,485 Posts
deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+deezer 250000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gebra View Post
I found one meanwhile here in a more popular forum (even though there are some ridiculously/silly IMHO posts there, but also quite a few valuable posts). Isn't it a waste of time to discuss the same issue in different forums on VEF? Mods, please combine that discussion in one single thread! We don't have time to monitor different threads to find a quick solution for this disaster. I think, we have better things to do. As for me I'm rather thinking of preparing reuploads of posts important to me - and maybe other members too (to whatever host it would be in the end).

I support that idea, but wouldn't it be better, to create a sub-forum and split the forum into following topics (single threads):

1. General discussion
2. technical solutions for downloading, like halvar's tool
3. discussion of alternative hosts (while testing all of them in the test forum)
4. thread with a list of inactive members (deceased/retired/banned/blocked/long time inactive) as first post, where everybody, who have spare time, can jump in and choose one of them to save the posts of this members, or gets an advise by the mods which one he should save.
To avoid that saving of this posts is done by two members at the same time, it should be set a note in the first post, which member saves which posts.
And a note, when the saving is done, eg.:

posts which should be saved saving member done
erdnuss member xyz 23/06/17
bb69 member zzz 25/06/17
Winebeavis member xxxx
billybunter member yyy 16/06/17

Alternative to that it could be organized not by inactive members, but by threads.

thread saving member done
Imagnet Scans (CSV-verified) member xyz 23/06/17
Magma Scans (from CeeCee) member zzz 25/06/17

5. thread where top-posters, who can't dl/re-upload all their stuff like Al Gebra can post a similar table like in 4. and ask for help.

At least: You could make a note at the top of the page, where you point to that Subforum, so that everyone who is able and willing to help, will find it.
deezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deezer For This Useful Post: