View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2017, 08:39 AM   #10129
73north
Veteran Member

Thanked 39,352 Times in 1,847 Posts
73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+73north 175000+
Default A short fan film based on the 2000 AD comic book story 'Strontium Dog'. Featuring a futuristic mutant bounty hunter 'Johnny Alpha' and his Viking partner 'Wulf Sternhammer'

SEARCH/DESTROY: A STRONTIUM DOG FAN FILM
In the far future strontium-90 fallout has created a race of mutants, outcasts from society, despised by the ‘norms’ and given only the dirtiest job – bounty hunting.
Johnny Alpha is one such mutant, working for the Search/Destroy (Strontium Dog) Agency, hunting down criminals for the Galactic Crime Commission, aided by his trusty Viking sidekick, Wulf Sternhammer.
Search/Destroy follows Johnny and Wulf as they investigate a spate of Strontium Dog disappearances.

Search/Destroy: A Strontium Dog Fan Film is exactly what the title says: a fan film based on the Starlord/2000AD comic strip 'Strontium Dog', starring Johnny Alpha, a mutated bounty hunter who has the power to read minds. With hammer wielding viking Wulf Sternhammer (Kevin Horsham) at his side, Johnny (Matthew Simpson) hunts down the 'norms' responsible for killing numerous other 'stronts', the trail leading to The Colonel (Edmund Dehn).

Just like Judge Minty, the Dredd based film from the same people, Search/Destroy: A Strontium Dog Fan Film is an amazing achievement, made by the fans for the fans *.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5EZaO1HPF4

The Characters were invented by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra
for the short-lived ' Starlord ' comic in May 1978 and transferred to 2000ad comic -
I am sad to say I bought the very first issue which shows how old I am !
Visually the film is a real treat, with loads of impressive special effects, from huge spacecraft, to alien worlds, to an impressive array of weird and wonderful characters and futuristic weaponry.
The level of invention and technical skill on display was more than enough to ensure I was entertained throughout.
*Those familiar with the source material will be delighted by the appearance of some much loved muties (including Middenface McNulty and Durham Red) and the use of several classic Strontium Dog weapons.
You can view the film for free on you tube - its highly recommended
I was lucky enough to view the debut of the Film at the Hotel Novotel in London in February this year at the 2000ad 40th anniversary celebrations .
73north is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to 73north For This Useful Post: