View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #13
fannatastic
Veteran Member

Thanked 12,841 Times in 1,161 Posts
fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+fannatastic 50000+

I think the most important thing that icu is saying is that another way is needed to identify which mag a pic is from or to link reprint mags with the originals, if a girl's name is unknown (and many will be unknown forever) and there are no official set numbers.

If so, then I agree. Some time ago I suggested adding a new field called Keywords to CSV lists. Keywords could contain anything and everything that is unusual or distinctive: clothing, furniture, wall posters, paintings, buildings, scenery, etc.

Keywords could really help with reprint mags, where the story title and even the girls' names are different from the original. If the girls are unknown, it would be impossible to find the original just by comparing names in a CSV file.

Keywords could be added to the Comments field instead of having a separate field, but I don't recommend that because the Comments could become messy and confusing.

It could be a while before a Keywords field is added to an existing CSV list. We need to discuss it more. In the meantime, people could create and use a new and separate CSV list for shoot keywords, with the following format:

Shoot Keywords
Type
Shoot
Keywords
Comments

Notes
Type: .SK (this could change)
Shoot: original Magazine Story ID, or original Film Story ID if no mag, or original Video Story ID if no mag or film, or ? if shoot unknown
Keywords: key words describing the shoot. Use ; to separate different properties or features

In the future, Keywords could be inserted as a new field into the .S Shoot list (yet to be created, please see this post for more details).

Last edited by fannatastic; March 19th, 2009 at 06:43 PM..
fannatastic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fannatastic For This Useful Post: