View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:56 AM   #668
Estreeter
Administrator

Thanked 896,848 Times in 60,322 Posts
Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+Estreeter 2500000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzde69 View Post
Did you calculate how many years you have wasted in working in unpleasant jobs to buy useless commodities?

Lets see, what's a waste
Paid off a farm that was too big for me, sold it and bought a smaller property that I have leased out to a lovely young couple who look after it very well.

So, that's a home I own with a few acres I have spare there when I retire would like to grow olives .... don't seem useless to me.

What else is a waste, Hmmm
Have a VW Jetta that's been useful to drive around in for the chick I married That'll be replaced with a VW Golf or Ford Focus soon.

I have my own Ford Falcon V8, been a very keen fan of them since I was a kid, plus the company car I use 95% of the time, The Falcon is only for a hobby, and also have an old classic 1972 Falcon GT under covers at Mum home, rare collectors item and minor investment, driven a few times a year only.
Nope, don't see a waste there.

What else is a waste,
3 TV's, maybe 1 is the other 2 aren't.
1 Apple iMac, well that ain't a waste.... I mean I use it to argue with you here while you try convince us Marxism is the answer , so I guess that is useful for you without knowing it

What else
Food consisying of the 3 main food groups, Lamb, Beef and Pork
The maybe slightly big stainless steel BBQ we use to BBQ that meat, true it is a bit big

What else,
Hmm, I do like good shoes, hate buying them along with clothes so I will pay big for good long lasting quality rather than cheap crap that won't last long,
A 1 time buy is better than say 3 for the same thing, probably cheaper in the long run

What else,
Furniture Don't care for it, I am male but same applies as with clothes.

What else,
Well the only money I do waste is on cigarettes and gambling, but that's fun now and then, I also do like going out for dinner now and then when we have the chance and we do go overboard with what we spend at restaurants, but hey, gotta have fun some time.

I could go on about what we own but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzde69 View Post
That's a very interesting observation of Karl Marx.
Hours and hours, days and days, years and years... to buy new iMac Pro that will be turn off during the working hours, to buy a V8 that will not drive you anywhere during the working hours, etc...
Using that logic do you suggest we only work for the basics in life to eat, sleep and not much else ??? I see you will next say that's what happens with those who work in Apple facilities in Asia and so on ..... But that's not my problem, that's for them to work out how to make it better for themselves See, this is where my left wing views will come out, I hate the labour unions here but at the same time am happy they did do the right things many years ago for basic rights, today they have become just as greedy as the big companies, but that's only speaking for my country. One day, those same people in Asia and so will do the same as the real unions of decades ago. I hope they do as when they work hand in hand, unions and big companies, can achieve a good goal.

We had a company here, SPC, a canned food company, they were about to close for good, the only way they could survive was for the employees to take an immediate pay cay, think it was 25 %, union officials were dead against it, the employees saw the light and took the cut, it was still rough for them for a few years and still on the verge of collapse. That was over 15 years ago, but that same company still exists Had the employees listened to the union officials and been greedy and not taken the cut they would have had precisely nothing.

Those employees can now enjoy a life, a paid off home and small commodities now and then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Estreeter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Estreeter For This Useful Post: