View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:33 PM   #1
halvar
Blocked!

Thanked 32,801 Times in 1,955 Posts
halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+halvar 100000+
Thumbs up imgding - a simple image grabber for Firefox Quantum

I created a simple image grabber for Firefox Quantum using the new web extensions api.
  • The web extensions api does not allow access to the file system. So it is not possible to open a "Save as"-Dialog and save the downloaded images anywhere you like. The files must got to the configured Download-folder or a sub-folder of it.
  • All image downloads are added to the default Firefox download queue. This means they are visible in the "Show Downloads" dialog.
  • This also means that Firefox will ask you where to save for each image, if you have Firefox configured to always ask where to save files.
  • Currently only imgbox, imagebam, imagevenue, pimpandhost and pixhost are supported (the top 5 image hosts used here).
  • I recommend open single post view to download images.

How to install
1) Open the add on page and click on "Add to Firefox": https://anonym.to/?https://addons.mo...addon/imgding/
2) Confirm permissions. This sounds dangerous, but actually its not. Trust me on this

How to use
0) Open the post you want to download
1) Click on the id-icon

2) The pop up opens.
It only has two buttons: "Ding!" to start the Download and "Clear Log" to clear the log. The folder name is optional. If supplied a sub-folder with that name is created for the images. If no name is supplied, the current date and time is used for the name.

3) After Click on the "Ding!" button downloads are listed and added to the Firefox download queue.

The icons indicate the download status (red frown = fail, green smile = success, three dots = in progress)

4) the images are in a sub folder of 'imgding' in the default download folder
- with a specified folder name:

- without a default folder name is used using date and time

Attention: Set a default download folder
If you have "Always ask where to save files" activated then Firefox will ask you for every image where to save it. If the post contains 100 images, it will ask a 100 times.

I will gradually improve it, but it will never be as sophisticated as the original IHG.
Drop me a line if you encounter a problem or have any suggestions.

Last edited by halvar; July 7th, 2018 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: installation now from mozilla's addon page
halvar is offline   Reply With Quote