Thread: Freemasons
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #3
begos
Vintage Member

Thanked 11,447 Times in 1,216 Posts
begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+begos 50000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estreeter View Post
Freemasons

What's it all about Do they really do weird things with goats Anybody here a member, your secrets are safe with us

How do I become one
Step #1 is to ask someone whom you know is a freemason about the organization and how to become one. One of the basic rules is that they aren't allowed to go out and try to "recruit" someone off the streets. The potential new member has to make the first move and seek out information from them first.

Another fundamental rule is that you have to acknowledge the existence of a "supreme being." Don't necessarily gotta call him God or follow a particular religion, but ya gotta believe that there's a supreme being out there somewhere.

My father, his father, and at least one of my uncles were masons. But I never asked about joining because I knew about the supreme being prerequisite, and that was a problem for me on account of I'm an atheist (although I have flirted with agnosticism in the past).

As to "weird things with goats"?!? C'mon, man. Fer chrissakes, they aren't the Knights of Columbus!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chester Cheetah:
"Yes, we know."
begos is offline   Reply With Quote