View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2017, 08:47 PM   #12228
gaeldom

Thanked 5,431 Times in 375 Posts
gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+gaeldom 25000+

Two astrophysicists are travelling through the galaxy, when a miscalculation ends up pulling them into a black hole. Certain doom seemingly imminent, but seeing a final burst of hope in using the Faster Than Light drive to blast them forward before reaching the event horizon, the first scientist sets into a frenzy, turning knobs and pulling levers in a desperate attempt to get out alive.
He then notices the second scientist, who, instead of working into a frenzy of button pressing, is excitedly scribbling down notes, pausing only to look out the porthole with glee. The first scientist, still working at a feverish pace, says "What are you doing? We're about to be crushed by a black hole!"
The second one responds, "I know! Isn't it so exciting? This event could lead to a major breakthrough in science. If only I could just figure out how an object so small is pulling us in..." he trails off.
The first astrophysicist stops and looks at him, then sighs. "I dont think you really understand the gravity of the situation here."
gaeldom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to gaeldom For This Useful Post: