Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Politics, Current Affairs, Religion Threads (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   The Second World War. (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=186289)

jokerman December 3rd, 2011 05:24 PM

The Second World War.

Because of people digressing from the appropriate topics on the What Books are you reading & What's happening this week threads. Where we've mentioned the Second World War & With next Wednesday being the 70th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. I thought I'd start a thread about the Second World War.

However there are some rules
1 Nothing racist, anti semitic or xenophobic is to be posted.
2 please keep to the facts.

Mal Hombre December 3rd, 2011 05:26 PM

How about a general history thread ?

squigg58 December 3rd, 2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerman (Post 1857897)
Because of people digressing from the appropriate topics on the What Books are you reading & What's happening this week threads. Where we've mentioned the Second World War & With next Wednesday being the 70th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. I thought I'd start a thread about the Second World War.

However there are some rules
1 Nothing racist, anti semitic or xenophobic is to be posted.
2 please keep to the facts.

I'm all for it as the subject has fascinated me for years. I enjoy getting behind the headlines, learning about less well known battles, trying to get to grips with how all the pieces fitted together, and hearing other people's persepectives, in particular those from other countries.

If no one objects, perhaps you could set the ball rolling jokerman?

billybunter December 3rd, 2011 06:36 PM

Well, BB is going to say one thing. Pearl Harbor was a false flag. The US knew it was going to happen. They needed something to get the public to support joining the war. No offence meant. I have spoken to people who where there.

Brecht December 3rd, 2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal Hombre (Post 1857902)

Thanks for suggesting this, Mal. I was going to do the same a few days ago.

rotobott December 3rd, 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

I think it should be about the ordinary soldiers too :D

royalphoenix December 3rd, 2011 07:13 PM

20 Million Soviet citizens dead. I do not agree that the USA knew about the attack on Pearl Harbor before it happened. The USA was sending war material to Great Britan and the Soviets prior to December 7 1941. The Europeans suffered thru a 31 year civil war, and in the end it was the Soviet Union and the USA who won the spoils of war. It would be hard to imagine that going on in todays world. peace

squigg58 December 3rd, 2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

The only "problem" is that history is an even bigger subject than everything else on VEF put together! I don't know if it's possible to have sub-categories ... so within GD&N we'd have "Military History" and within that "WWI", "WWII", the "English Civil War", "American Civil War" etc? Sounds a tad complicated, and it's okay me suggesting it, but I wouldn't have to do it! :D

jokerman December 3rd, 2011 07:32 PM

The second world war as we know it began on the first of September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland & lasted until the second of September 1945 When Japan finally surrendered. It cost millions of lives & divided Europe in two. It also saw the end of the old empires & the emergence of the U.S.A & the USSR as superpowers.

rotobott December 3rd, 2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerman (Post 1858116)
The second world war as we know it began on the first of September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland & lasted until the second of September 1945 When Japan finally surrendered. It cost millions of lives & divided Europe in two. It also saw the end of the old empires & the emergence of the U.S.A & the USSR as superpowers.

Well there you have it, thread over :D

Why can't all threads be this succint :D