Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Massively overrated and or underrated (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=346522)

chris chunt January 7th, 2018 08:32 PM

Massively overrated and or underrated

Just thought of this while watching Michael Palin on BBC 2 .
The dead parrot sketch !
Ha ha ha ha !
Not .

Who do you think is average at best whilst everyone else thinks is genius ? .......
Here's mine

Monty python .
Michael Jackson .
Prince the pop singer . Or squiggle as he's sometimes called .

( BTW anybody putting Jagger / Richards in here will have a fatwa issued against them )

Quackerson January 7th, 2018 08:50 PM

George Clooney - he has been acting in tv shows and movies since the early 1980s. He has been in a total of 4 things I have liked AS movies, all of those were ensemble casts and even when Clooney was the one of the lead co-stars in those movies he was far from the best/most effective actor in them.

While I don't think there have been an abundance of people calling Clooney a genius, the general perception out there is that Clooney is an A-List movie star: even in terms of just box office, George Clooney movies on the whole aren't particularly profitable (much less particularly good).

chris chunt January 7th, 2018 09:11 PM

Star Wars .
The first film wasn't so bad ,basically a western in space , but recent ones are a bore fest and for nerds only .

chris chunt January 7th, 2018 09:23 PM

Apple I phones .
Standing in a que all night to pick up the latest version only for a new one to come out 3 months later and apple themselves to say the one you bought was badly thought through .

All a ploy get you to buy a new one .

I just buy Android .
XTC desire in this instance .

You're only paying for the label .

luca3434 January 7th, 2018 09:25 PM

Michael McIntyre

Solid January 7th, 2018 09:33 PM

Only Fools and Horses.

Mal Hombre January 7th, 2018 09:43 PM

Ricky (waste of skin) Gervais

tamsmith January 7th, 2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris chunt (Post 4292232)
Apple I phones .
Standing in a que all night to pick up the latest version only for a new one to come out 3 months later and apple themselves to say the one you bought was badly thought through .

All a ploy get you to buy a new one .

I just buy Android .
XTC desire in this instance .

You're only paying for the label .

Totally agree with you. But they were on the verge of being gone 20 years ago. Windows was the only thing on the block. Steve Jobs kind of changed them around a little.

Historian January 7th, 2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid (Post 4292243)
Only Fools and Horses.

Fools and Horses was a classic example of trying to milk something for a series or two longer than they should- Genuinely funny at it's peak, but towards the end, when they were just making increasingly-overblown Christmas specials, it really lost the plot

Modern comedians- I'm almost spoiled for choice when it comes to those who are overrated- We've already had a couple named, McIntyre and Gervais, neither of whom have ever made me smile, much less laugh

Historian January 7th, 2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quackerson (Post 4292195)
George Clooney - he has been acting in tv shows and movies since the early 1980s. He has been in a total of 4 things I have liked AS movies, all of those were ensemble casts and even when Clooney was the one of the lead co-stars in those movies he was far from the best/most effective actor in them.

While I don't think there have been an abundance of people calling Clooney a genius, the general perception out there is that Clooney is an A-List movie star: even in terms of just box office, George Clooney movies on the whole aren't particularly profitable (much less particularly good).

I suspect you have to be female to get the appeal of Clooney as an actor- I don't rate him either. On the other hand, I can muster a fair number of female friends who claim to practically orgasm at the very sight of the man...:confused: