Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ever visit a home of a hundred millionaire or higher? (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=334885)

Rogerbh July 15th, 2017 07:22 AM

Ever visit a home of a hundred millionaire or higher?

Ever see in person how the very wealthy live? When I was in law school, one of my study partners let us use his house. He was the son of an arms merchant (he never mentioned this/I googled him years afterward) - a very nice guy.

His house was over 5,000 square feet, pool, hot tub,etc., but it had a few things I had never seen before.

While I was there, I asked to use his bathroom as I am want to do and he pointed to a side door - to not a main bathroom. While using the normal toilet there was something across from it that I had never seen before. I spent several minutes just looking at it from various angles - I took so long that he knocked on the door and asked if I was alright. I stated I was mystified by the apparatus I was staring at. He was amazed that I had never seen or knew what a bidet was. I didn't even touch it so I still have never used/touched one. I still wonder if the gold on the fixtures was solid or plated.

Also, one day I noticed one of his maids carrying a large hose with her. When I asked about it, it was explained to me that every room had an attachment point for this hose so that the vacuum hose could be used. I had never heard of a centralized vacuum cleaning function in a house.

I wonder how many other things I missed. The very rich live a life I will never know.

Oh, I remember another thing - he once said "You have never been skiing unless you have been helicopter skiing."

Mal Hombre July 15th, 2017 07:43 AM

Well,I did once visit Windsor Castle...

Staffsyeoman July 15th, 2017 08:16 AM

And I've done the tours of Buckingham Palace and The White House...

Sir Honkers July 15th, 2017 12:10 PM

In my younger days I frequently visited the homes of millionaires. I would always take something with me. Crowbar, lockpick, centre hole punch, burlap sack, chloroform impregnated rag.

Roubignol July 15th, 2017 03:21 PM

I've visited Versailles. Not bad. But I'd have liked to meet the owner. I'd have told him that I found the lavish decoration a little bit exagerated.

I also visited a castle of the Rotchild's family. They rent it for receptions. It was not me who rented it. ;)

Wittman July 17th, 2017 09:27 AM

I have visited James Dyson's country pad a couple of times. All I can say is he wasn't open to a house swap

rewbear July 17th, 2017 12:32 PM

I've been invited to a wedding to be held at Woburn Abbey. Can anyone advise me how to address a Duke?

MaxJoker July 17th, 2017 12:46 PM

Good times , Good times

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewbear (Post 4100884)
I've been invited to a wedding to be held at Woburn Abbey.

Have you been invited to the reception :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewbear (Post 4100884)
Can anyone advise me how to address a Duke?

"Hey"

As in "Hey it`s not what it looks like" when he catches you stuffing his best silver in your rucksack , before you kick him in the dangle dingles and scarper :D:thumbsup:

Dirk July 17th, 2017 01:02 PM

A bidet or central vacuum is nothing special. You dont have to be a millionaire... Also heli-skiing... Not for those who flip burgers @ McDonalds. But not very rare amongst upper middle class in europe.

rewbear July 17th, 2017 01:20 PM

See where you're coming from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxJoker (Post 4100899)
Have you been invited to the reception :)

"Hey"

As in "Hey it`s not what it looks like" when he catches you stuffing his best silver in your rucksack , before you kick him in the dangle dingles and scarper :D:thumbsup:

I believe both the wedding and reception are at the Abbey so it might be a bit sus if I stroll up to the front door in my best bib and tucker with a large canvas bag marked 'Swag' over my shoulder (even if it is a Gucci).:D