Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Message for Cash Host posters (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=151472)

svga August 24th, 2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzyozzy (Post 1725230)
Incongruous that Inglorious warns and criticises Filesonic users, when the forum
advertises Filesonic on the top of this page!

Forum owners and forum moderators are not the same. The possibility to criticise is at least something which makes VEF not the worst forum

Inglorious August 24th, 2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzyozzy (Post 1725230)
Incongruous that Inglorious warns and criticises Filesonic users, when the forum
advertises Filesonic on the top of this page!

I didnt ask for it to be there:rolleyes:

Ozzyozzy August 25th, 2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svga (Post 1725248)
Forum owners and forum moderators are not the same. The possibility to criticise is at least something which makes VEF not the worst forum

Thanks, agree and admire the fact we can make such comments...Cheers

rotobott September 6th, 2011 07:31 PM

I was just thinking, as I failed miserably to download a single 100mb filesonic file, that since no one is allowed to mirror films and clips, (unless you manage to find a major upgrade), a vast and growing swathe of VEF will be inaccesible to most forumites, that's sad.

donnalangtonukmode October 27th, 2011 09:35 PM

I think its time the forum makes a decision to have a one file host and no more. A host we can all down load from as free users or as members to which we can all subscribe too.

The thought of having endless file host accounts just to get one file is a joke and an expletive one at that. I know I signed to Oron for one month & got one tinny file at the cost of around £9. Yet RS is like £6 a month.

I nominate RS since it works for me as a subscriber. More so since I use my pay pal account to top up my rapids. Yet all these other cowboys want your card detail & that’s not on.

Yes people will complain about RS being slow for free users. But if everyone was using the same file host and we all excepted nothing in life is free. More so since RS was the norm when I joined this forum. We would have less members complaining about Johnny come lately file hosts who’ve done nothing for this forum but instil unwanted stress.

Yes RS maybe slow if your not prepared to put your hand in your pocket. But FS & a few others hosts are giving us nothing but headaches in return. While bringing the best #### forum on the net into disrepute…

We should at least PM everyone and have a pole to find out what everyone thinks…

The king has spoke:D

pharoahegypt October 28th, 2011 12:21 AM

I hate to disagree with you after all this time donnalangton; but i dont think just one upload site could work; both in terms of traffic and in terms of members own systems or download limitations. at least two as a minimum id suggest should work; say MU & RS, as much as both have their justified critics from time to time; they still remain the most reliable in my own personal opinion. I often find RS slow on my dongle, while MU often freezes at 99%; whereas they both work fine on a Broadband connection I also get use of on a weekend. Most of the others either dont hold files for long enough, or just dont work for other reasons half the time. Keeping MU & RS would at least give members a choice.

Hey; I managed to give my tuppence without swearing or defaming anyone...!!!! Bloody Hell!!!! (well, what's a teeny little swear word between friends?)

DTravel October 28th, 2011 12:30 AM

I think it would be a very bad idea to allow only one file host here. As we've all seen host sites change over time. They change their policies, the laws change, they grow too fast and their service tanks, etc. Limiting posters to just one file host leaves the forum vulnerable to those changes.

Second, it ignore the reality that some of those bad hosts are paying VEF's owner for ads and access. So even if it was decided to restrict posters to only one file host, it wouldn't be RapidShare or MegaUpload.

Brecht October 28th, 2011 09:52 AM

They do change but RS and MU didn't change too much in all those years to not be the standard hosters. With every day, more movies are getting less accessible to members thanks to horrible hosters like Oron, Wupload and Filesonic.

donnalangtonukmode October 28th, 2011 01:21 PM

Your right guys, MU has never given me a problem but we can agree there are those who do and their being used all too frequently.

If anything we need to know why FS is causing so much problems for so many of us. Especially now the forum is advertising them as the main host. Which I don’t have a problem with.
But no matter where you go on the net to find a fix all you end up with is frustration & wasted time.

I thought the junkies in my street where strung out….

papabear3333 October 28th, 2011 08:11 PM

I am not trying to start a debate

I am not trying to start a debate But I will point out my experiences.

Rapid Share was very slow, But I registered for a free membership and it is now very friendly.

I have a paid membership with File Sonic and it is great.

I had a paid membership with Oron and that was great. I don't have that now and it is extremely slow.

Wupload is about the same as Oron.

Depositfiles is about the easiest one to use.

Soooo with all that said, I want to upload a bunch of photos and clips. I started with RS and FS both are easy to upload. Depositfiles is not easy to upload to.

I want my stuff available to the largest audience so I was going to upload the several servers as mirrors. Is this in fact not allowed here?

And, what kind of problems are being experienced with FS?

I appreciate your thoughts, and I will comply with all rules. Thanks