Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Quotations, Fav Movie Lines, and so on and so forth etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=76410)

Tmee2020 August 23rd, 2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoundrel (Post 767307)
''Do you think we ought to drive a stake through his heart? Just to be absolutely sure?''

Sorry, I can't stop laughing at this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graftzig (Post 766423)
"Thomas Jefferson still lives." - John Adams' famous last words.

John Adams and Thomas Jefferson, 2nd and 3rd president of the US, both died on July 4th 1826, exactly 50 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
Jefferson had died a few hours ago (of which Adams was of course unaware). So Adams was wrong for the moment, but right for the ages.

An interesting thing about Jefferson was that he claimed to be descended from Harold II, and that links TJ's own descendants, in a weirdly circuitous way, to the current Royal Family. The only proviso of this is that the royal lineage is as it is supposed to be, which of course it isn't.

Back on topic. Arnie in Eraser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuCNlrKjVDI

Tmee2020 August 23rd, 2009 11:39 AM

Of course not ... but I am told it works even if you don't believe in it.

Niels Bohr, reply to a visitor to his home in Tisvilde who asked him if he really believed a horseshoe above his door brought him luck

Tmee2020 August 24th, 2009 11:25 AM

In light of recent disasters I thought I would revisit this from DH Lawrence.
His wife was Baroness von Richthofen, can you believe it?

“Australia has a marvellous sky and air and blue clarity and a hoary sort of land beneath it, like a Sleeping Princess on whom the dust of ages has settled”

As a retort- from a young German friend, quoting Charles Darwin (who Lawrence rightly admired):

"Australia is hell on earth- even the swans are black."

bawjaws August 24th, 2009 10:36 PM

there is no way..no way that you could come from my loins..first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your mama in the mouth
Sheriff Buford T Justice- Smokey and the Bandit

imtrying August 25th, 2009 07:55 PM

And now, the punchline

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal Hombre (Post 769191)
When I see a man chasing a woman with intent to commit rape I shoot the bastard that's my policy-Inspector Harry Callaghan,Dirty Harry

The Mayor: "Intent? And just how did you establish that?" Harry: "Well, when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley, with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he's not out collecting for the Red Cross." Mayor (as Harry leaves): "You know, he may have a point."

gmcbee August 25th, 2009 08:40 PM

"Don't underestimate the mentally ill. We know how to count."
-- Mary Stuart Masterson as Juniper Pearl, in Benny and Joon

Carrot74 August 26th, 2009 05:23 AM

"Your gun has 'Replica' written down the side. My gun has Desert Eagle - Point Five-Oh on it, which should precipitate your balls into shrinking, and your mincy faggot bulls wiv ya. ."
Vinnie Jones at the Drowning Trout Pub in 'Snatch'

scoundrel August 26th, 2009 08:19 AM

A nation of dog lovers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrot74 (Post 780193)
"Your gun has 'Replica' written down the side. My gun has Desert Eagle - Point Five-Oh on it, which should precipitate your balls into shrinking, and your mincy faggot bulls wiv ya. ."
Vinnie Jones at the Drowning Trout Pub in 'Snatch'

Snatch is a sick and hilarious film. My favourite quote is from Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones) in diologue with 'Cousin Avi', the American psycho-gangster played by Dennis Ferina after their various violent and farcical misadventures chasing the big diamond have led to it being swallowed by a really cute little dog, now in their possession. Prior to this scene, Bullet Tooth Tony has killed people, tried to kill people, tortured people, and generally been a thoroughly bad egg.

Cousin Avi: Open the dog.
[cute little dog looks trustingly at Bullet Tooth Tony. BTT looks at dog, then enquiringly back at Cousin Avi].
Cousin Avi: Open the dog. You know what I mean. [he's missing out the ''or else'' bit but its clearly understood. Dog looks trustingly at BTT again.].
BTT: [Extremely censorious and not at all frightened of Avi] That's a bit strong, isn't it?

Tmee2020 August 26th, 2009 12:26 PM

The Pope? How many divisions has HE got?
-- Joseph Stalin

Estreeter August 27th, 2009 12:12 PM

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Fabrizio (Angelo Infanti) in 'The Godfather'