Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Image Hosts (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=333164)

Sam Spade June 10th, 2017 12:39 PM

Image Hosts

As you know, ImageBam & ImgBox are closing down, everything hosted by them will be lost after the 30th June 2017.

Unfortunately we will lose an awful lot of content posted here, with the best will in the world there is no way a lot of major posters can save and re-up the material they have posted using those hosts.

This forum will carry on, eventually all the dead posts will be either re-upped or removed, and no doubt a large percentage of the material will sooner or later be reposted.

What we do not want is to have this happen again, where we rely too heavily on one image host, we want members to use a variety of hosts, this way if one of them does close down the damage will not be as severe.

So, if you know of a reliable host please make a reply and link us to it.

Currently we have a thumbnail size rule of no more that 180 x 180, we are looking at that rule and may amend it to a maximum of 250 x 250, if the host is a good one, a gallery option is preferred, but that rule too is being looked at.

What we do not want is cash hosts, or hosts that swamp you with ads and pop ups/unders.

Please upload a few images with your host, and link us to the main page, if when you preview your post you find that your post looks like this...

[IMG]http://*********.com/images/thumbs/1305/v2Mmx.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://*********.com/images/thumbs/1305/igb4X.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://*********.com/images/thumbs/1305/A3fL4.jpg[/IMG]

....it means that the host has been banned here.

It is also desired that the host allows adult images.

Mal Hombre June 10th, 2017 12:46 PM

I am currently using http://www.hotflick.net/,It allows adult content,Has a 180 x 180 Thumbnail option and It features a Gallery option too,TBH though I personally have never viewd ant gallery on any other host..

Greenman June 10th, 2017 08:04 PM

Imagevenue is the obvious choice which I have used for years but reverted to imagebam because imagevenue would frequently go mad and freeze on me. Of course it is up to you mods to let us know what other picture hosts can be used but can I please impress upon you to tell people not to use imgtiger-it has too many pop-ups AND you have to click on an advert(which doesn't always appear) and then wait 10 seconds before clicking on the go to your image, and again it doesn't always load. Thanks.

trailmaster June 10th, 2017 10:01 PM

I also just started to use hotflick.net. It is easier to use than imagevenue.com if all you want to do is upload one photo which is mostly what I do on my subscription threads. Some threads though such as : The Great Pizza Thread sometimes require multiple photo posts. I have not tried that yet using hotflick.net

tfberry June 10th, 2017 10:26 PM

Hotflick.net seems to be a great one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailmaster (Post 4064872)
I also just started to use hotflick.net. It is easier to use than imagevenue.com if all you want to do is upload one photo which is mostly what I do on my subscription threads. Some threads though such as : The Great Pizza Thread sometimes require multiple photo posts. I have not tried that yet using hotflick.net

I just loaded an album of Addison (modern model) and it went very smoothly and love the more thumbnails per line than even Imagebam had when linked in to VEF. BTW, you mentioned uploading 1 photo. I just uploaded 77 photos all at once and it went faster than it did with Imagebam. The link of course is similar...copy and paste of the URLs to the topic here. One thing I did NOT like about Imagevenue unless I misread the instructions there. You can only upload at most 10 photos at a time. Thus, my 77 photos would have taken 8 uploads instead of 1 with hotflict.net. Great info, Trailmaster!

OK, I am just doing further investigation of Hotflick.net vs soon to be departed Imagebam. One gigantic plus of Hotflick.net is the albums can be found via alphabet letters. I literally had 47 pages of Imagebam albums and if I wanted to ADD pictures to an existing album, sometimes it took me forever to find it out of like 500 albums. The negative which sort of counters the positive on Hotflick.net is I see no way to add to albums. They have "Create album" and "Don't create album" but no "Add to existing album" like Imagebam had. Thus the albums are much easier to find but you can't do much with them other than viewing them after you find them. LOL!

Sam Spade June 10th, 2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfberry (Post 4064888)
One thing I did NOT like about Imagevenue unless I misread the instructions there. You can only upload at most 10 photos at a time. Thus, my 77 photos would have taken 8 uploads instead of 1 with hotflict.net. Great info, Trailmaster!

If you register with them you can upload more than 10 images at a time, the most I have tried is 23 images, so far. :thumbsup:.

Varagorn June 11th, 2017 03:39 AM

Thanks Mal for tipping Hotflick image host. Transfered the photos in this post from Imagebam to Hotflicks. Seems easy to use. Just concerned about the size of the thumbnails on the later pictures. Is that ok?

Mal Hombre June 11th, 2017 08:00 AM

Some are too big,You need to click "Resized" to keep Them 180 x 180
http://www.hotflick.net/u/n/uq6PQsNM...501CFfLad9.jpg

MaxJoker June 11th, 2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal Hombre (Post 4065163)
Some are too big,You need to click "Resized" to keep Them 180 x 180
http://www.hotflick.net/u/n/uq6PQsNM...501CFfLad9.jpg

Yes it`s a damn decent site :cool::thumbsup:
Once a person get`s used to it :o
As I had a bit of jip with a certain set of banana images... Ahem ... :D
I`m hedging my bets though and using a combination of that and imagevenue for my re-upping.
Along with postimage for all non adult imagery. Which in the main is what I post ,and since that host is linked to the Facebook family it won't be going anywhere anytime soon hopefully :)

dasduffer June 11th, 2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mal Hombre (Post 4064385)
I am currently using http://www.hotflick.net/,It allows adult content,Has a 180 x 180 Thumbnail option and It features a Gallery option too,TBH though I personally have never viewd ant gallery on any other host..

Another thumbs up for Hotflick. Been transferring some galleries today and updating my posts. Pretty straight forward and painless.

rotobott June 11th, 2017 07:42 PM

Turboimagehost seems OK

http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/sho...25#post4065725

Greenman June 12th, 2017 07:50 PM

I want a picture host that doesn't suddenly open pop-under windows or any other pop-up(and yes I do use a pop-up blocker) for any sort of product AND one that doesn't make you wait for ten seconds whilst clicking on a bloody advert.

wimbo77 June 12th, 2017 08:22 PM

I have a slow connection. Takes too long uploading a couple of JPG's from other image hosts.

Denaniel June 12th, 2017 10:25 PM

I've been using hotflick to replace most of my imagebam thumbs so far, with a few exceptions. I like the convenience, speed and the gallery options. But although the host advertises up to 6MB, I've found that some images smaller than 6MB are rejected without notice, so in a group of many, it's hard to tell which ones successfully uploaded and which did not, without comparing the thumbs to your source one at a time.

In my case, most of my posts are movies, not mags or picture sets, so I'm not as concerned about galleries being complete. If one or two images are rejected by hotflick, then I can either use the default upload tool for pimpandhost to add the missing pics, or if too large (5000KB or more), I've been using imagezilla, which has a 10MB limit and custom-sized thumbs (I set it at 180 pixels), but no gallery option.

Some of my posts have only two or three images, in which case I find it easiest to just use the default pimpandhost tool. It makes replacing the imagebam thumbs easier than going back and forth between tabs, and since my goal is to replace as many imagebam pics as possible over the next few weeks, flexibililty is key.

Update: Yesterday, I had no luck getting turboimagehost to work. But today I finally got it working, and it seems like a much better choice for galleries than any others I've tried. Only caveat so far is you have to create and name an album before you can upload images to it (and names are maximum 20 characters long), although I was able to move images from the default "my images" album into a newly created album after the fact.

Turboimagehost has another major plus: it retains original file names -- even when you hover the cursor you can read the file name. One minor drawback: no 180x180 pixel thumbnail option, but the 150x150 is okay by me.

Sam Spade June 13th, 2017 07:51 PM

For your information we have approved PixHost to be used at VEF, and that thumbnails of 200 x 200 are OK.

Al Gebra June 15th, 2017 01:26 AM

Just a proposal: wouldn't it make sense to continue discussing this topic in the new Imagebam/Imgbox-rescue section in order to pool our strengths?

spicoli June 15th, 2017 06:28 AM

I have been using PiXhost for a couple of days and so far so good. You should use the "create a gallery" option (which creates links) when posting so that others can easily move from one image to another if they want to see them full size.

I hope that PiXhost doesn't go toes up. I may mix in another host or two so I don't lose thousands of posts again.

I hope that my experiences help others.

Estreeter June 15th, 2017 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gebra (Post 4068518)
Just a proposal: wouldn't it make sense to continue discussing this topic in the new Imagebam/Imgbox-rescue section in order to pool our strengths?

Yes and No,
Makes sense to me at least that we have one here also, reason is that some members just don't go to the help section.

We see this and can pass on something useful from here into the other thread with a link from here.

malakon June 15th, 2017 10:52 PM

rehost script ?

This seems like a disaster!!

Is there any way to write a script to sweep through posts and rehost images that are hosted on Imagebam and Imgbox ? I'm guessing 70% plus of images on VEF will 404. Admittedly only having 15 days for this is not much time to do that. I will be greatly saddened to see so much content disappear - including 100% of my own posts.

Al Gebra June 15th, 2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malakon (Post 4069396)
Is there any way to write a script to sweep through posts and rehost images that are hosted on Imagebam and Imgbox ?

Take a look at Discussion of the download / upload tools and Technical solutions for downloading. That's why I proposed...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Gebra (Post 4068518)

The last post (from a responsible moderator) could provide a link there, and the Mod would close this thread then. Some other similar threads were treated the like, example - just another proposal only, of course. I don't want to intrude into somebody's preserves. :)

malakon June 16th, 2017 02:32 AM

Well my idea would be server side script, some clever PHP (pretty sure VEF is PHP based) to sweep though every post, examine, download, reupload and replace the links. I could probably write one myself - but 15 days! ugh.

rfargas June 16th, 2017 03:27 AM

hello.
About the imagebam issues I reccomend use postimage, they allow adult stuff.

Sam Spade June 18th, 2017 01:28 AM

I made the mistake of relying on one host (ImageBam) for 80% - 90% of my posts at VEF, I am now re-upping as much as I can using a variety of hosts, if another of mine goes under I won't lose so much.

pferdewurst June 18th, 2017 09:55 AM

Is it not easier to close big old threads espically these merged ones and start instead new ones with the same name? Itīs also a chance to clean up. U also see in these big threads the same pictures again and again cause nobody cares if the picture already exist or itīs too big to check hundreds of pages. There should be a rule to check (if possible) if this picture(s) not already exist. Just a thought.

BondJmsBond June 19th, 2017 04:38 PM

I feel bad for you guys being left with this mess.

Mal Hombre June 19th, 2017 04:42 PM

I didn't think You could use Imagebam anymore ?

BondJmsBond June 19th, 2017 04:43 PM

Yes, I edited my post, the imagebam images I saw were slightly older.

Thanks.

shah99 June 19th, 2017 04:49 PM

This provision of rules
Quote:

standard thumbnail sizes (maximum 180 x 180 px) must be used on all posts
needs to be expanded and added:

Quote:

if the post contains only one photo (image), then the size of thumbnail is allowed to 300 x 300

blackbull1970 June 28th, 2017 02:28 PM

Looks like imagebam/imgbox is back online.

I'm starting to think this was all a publicity stunt.

deepsepia July 3rd, 2017 01:17 AM

FWIW-- Imagehost Grabber used to rip all the posted images very nicely. No longer works on OSX, but seems like a good idea for someone to rip and save entire threads, have to assume that any image host is temporary.

if810 July 10th, 2017 09:37 PM

Most of the imagebam links doesnīt work, is there already a discussion about this ?

buttsie July 13th, 2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by if810 (Post 4094366)
Most of the imagebam links doesnīt work, is there already a discussion about this ?

Theres a period -30/3/17-12/5/17 on imagebam server 101 which are still dead
We're waiting to see if their going to be recovered like one other server 117 seemed to be

In Problems with Imagehosts - Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, (...)

known server issues on imagebam
http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showpost.php?p=4089559

various discussions about but the main one is here

5 main topics - a sub-forum in the help section

Imagebam/Imgbox are no longer shutting down
http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/f88...ting-down.html

buried July 14th, 2017 11:14 PM

Turboimagehost has begun to pop-up "scams" when one clicks on "ENTER." I checked AVG and Malwarebytes and even though it hadn't infected my computer, it locks the tab and opens an authentic looking "Microsoft" page saying your computer has been infected and your personal data has been stolen. I noticed this on Microsoft edge, it doesn't happen with firefox, which blocks the pop-ups more successfully.

jstevens September 30th, 2017 11:24 PM

Hello.

Can you please advise the status of PimpAndHost? Of all the posts with this host, all the links are not working.

XmackDaddy69 October 10th, 2017 04:52 PM

Need The Perfect ImageHost (2017)

:thumbsup:so where to Go?
a FREE!!! ImageHoster with no Rules
Limitless uploads and size (so as for downloads/speed)
multi uploader (not one by one shit)
with no snitches sneaking around :mad:
so witch one we can trust
and the images will be there for ever
and cuz no popUpLinks annoying stuff like that
and fast to load
and thumbnail support
no forced watermarks
and naming files/uploads by user choice
+ meta tags search engine included (lol)
and for lazy guys like me a - previous & next arrow button will be nice:D

and a one click whole Gallery download will be nice...something like .zip/.rar/.cbr

and no down quality converts so let a 120mb .tif a 120mb .tif :D

so where to go?
what about outdated Rules Look here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_(warez)#E-books
lmao

onrfp7 October 11th, 2017 03:33 PM

It appears Pimpandhost is not working again.

Mr.Bungle November 1st, 2017 02:24 AM

Haven't been able to bring up ImageVenue today. Anyone else?

roadsider November 1st, 2017 08:57 PM

Thanks many of the pictures on the threads that I have visited today are not visible

Omnidirector November 2nd, 2017 02:29 PM

I'm trying to open imagevenue.com and it's not working for me. Overall, it feels like 50% of content is not loading in vintage threads at least.

Mr.Bungle November 3rd, 2017 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnidirector (Post 4217697)
I'm trying to open imagevenue.com and it's not working for me. Overall, it feels like 50% of content is not loading in vintage threads at least.

It seems up/accessible now.