Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagehost Problems, Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, PixHost, ImgBox etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=114275)

Zygvor April 13th, 2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stezza170 (Post 238872)

ImageVenue is far superior for all it's faults, most of which I've yet to encounter. I've yet to lose images or find it slow. Maybe this is because I upload them logged into ImageVenue?? Or perhaps, the said images, have been lost because the uploader hasn't stated they are of an adult nature?? I don't know.

Stezza

Pimpandhost is rubbish but Imagevenue does indeed lose pics as Leprechaun has noted above. Not very many, here and there but it does happen and in quite a random fashion. I know for a fact I've marked them all as of an adult nature and still find pics missing from some of my old posts. A few weeks back Imagevenue was acting very funny, new pics appeared fine immediately after posting but when you'd check back the next day, several were gone. That issue seems resolved now but the problem with randomly losing pics here and there from old posts is still evident. As a result I too switched to Imagebam. For more about this and my difficulty in first noticing it with Firefox see my post here.

EDIT: Update. Just noticed today one of those missing Imagevenue pics from an old post of mine is back. I haven't checked any other examples yet but maybe they've sorted out their problems now.

Bit annoying though when you're insisting there's a problem and then everything is back to normal before anyone notices. Get too much of that and you start doubting yourself after a bit :)

marxz April 16th, 2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Lucifer- (Post 226704)
I always work with ImageVenue. I don't spend time on post with pictures hosted by pimphost, I simply can't view them.

I have nothing but trouble with pimp & pimp.

Xxphd April 18th, 2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zygvor (Post 239090)
EDIT: Update. Just noticed today one of those missing Imagevenue pics from an old post of mine is back. I haven't checked any other examples yet but maybe they've sorted out their problems now.

I noticed some occasional broken image link icons in several thumbnailed picture galleries hosted @ Imagevenue, but when clicking these icons, the pictures would in fact appear anyway. A peculiar problem..

Zygvor April 18th, 2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xxphd (Post 243479)
I noticed some occasional broken image link icons in several thumbnailed picture galleries hosted @ Imagevenue, but when clicking these icons, the pictures would in fact appear anyway. A peculiar problem..

Yes, I noticed a bit of that going on as well. There were cases where clicking the broken image link icon would load the picture and other cases where it wouldn't and the picture itself was also missing. Although the examples I noted of this appear to work ok now. In addition, sometimes the broken image link icons would appear the first time you loaded the page but if you reloaded the page the missing thumbnails would appear. It's a strange one alright.

cicciori April 24th, 2008 02:40 PM

Problems with Imagehosts - Imagabam, Imagevenue, ... [merged]

How can you download pictures from imagevenue without having to click on each single thumbnail into a post, but with something like a download manager getting all the thumbnails in one shot.,.. ????

DubSalute April 24th, 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cicciori (Post 248850)
How can you download pictures from imagevenue without having to click on each single thumbnail into a post, but with something like a download manager getting all the thumbnails in one shot.,.. ????

When you have Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera ... you can use Bulk Image Downloader (Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista) its posted here:
http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/sho...7&postcount=22

Note: its shareware but you can use it for free with the limitation of 200 images maximum per download. They recently also added a timer on the new versions that makes you wait as unregistered user a increasing time before you can use the program everytime you open it the thats why i linked Bulk Image Downloader 1.27 that does not have that timer and works just as good, best to use that one.

When you use Firefox there are also browser ad-ons avilable to download image galleries.

marxz April 25th, 2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aekara (Post 225417)
Terrible host to start with, just use http://www.imagevenue.com/ , much more reliable.

much better for other forum users too tks aekara.

grlilgirls May 1st, 2008 08:29 AM

Firefox-Imagegrabber

I use Imagegrabber as a add-on in Firefox. Works like a dream with Imagevenue.
No limitations of any kind. Seems to work with some other imagehosting sites as well, but not with Pimpandhost, which some posters on this forum use.
Does anyone know of an application that downloads from that site?
jj

G-Type May 1st, 2008 10:34 AM

Firefox-AddOn Imagegrabber

Quote:

Originally Posted by grlilgirls (Post 253954)
I use Imagegrabber as a add-on in Firefox. Works like a dream with Imagevenue.
No limitations of any kind. Seems to work with some other imagehosting sites as well, but not with Pimpandhost, which some posters on this forum use.
Does anyone know of an application that downloads from that site?
jj

Imagegrabber works absolutely perfect - yesterday I downloaded 1240 imagevenue-pictures from a thread on another board in one go.

icu May 9th, 2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Gussett (Post 225562)
Why does anybody ...

I totally agree :
I can suddenly open files after days without connection.
Who knows how long this is possible.
In the last days many contents were off for me.

ICU