Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion & News (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The "did you know" thread..... (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=70109)

NelsonsGoodeye 06-20-2009 09:26 AM

The "did you know" thread.....
 
Ridiculous stuff that you've probably never heard, but is FACT......


A moment in cinema history that is just too ridiculous not to be true. After Universal signed Clint Eastwood in 1954 for the princely sum of $75 a week, which landed him parts in forgettable movies like Revenge of the Creature and Tarantula, a couple of studio execs happened upon him one day and noticed his Adamís apple. Deciding it was too big, he was out, just like that. The venerable Clint Eastwood was chewed up and spat out by a couple of Hollywood hacks.
The rest, as they say, is history.

blondifan 06-20-2009 09:32 AM

Did you know that
 
'Cute' means Ugly, but interesting?

Not that I ever thought Clint was cute, but someone somewhere, surely ?

kiwi 06-20-2009 10:24 AM

English - that mongrel language
 
The Swedish company Electrolux ran an advertising campaign in English in western Europe & the U.K. in the 1980s, promoting one of their vacuum cleaners

The advertising slogan was so perfect, Sales rocketed!

So they decided to use the exact same advert in North America.

(No disrespect to any Swedish members, nor any members who do not speak English as a first language.)

I'm no' teacher, I'll allow our north American members explain why the ad-campaign was a disaster...

'Nothing Sucks like an Electrolux'

:D


I've tried everywhere on the net to find the original advertisement - I can't find it. But if they had used this image with the same slogan, they could have taken a big share of the North American market that the Hoover company dominate.


And being Swedish, you'd think they would have known that this ad would have been a lot better!

http://img196.imagevenue.com/loc778/..._123_778lo.jpg

Kiwi

rotobott 06-20-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi (Post 699758)
The Swedish company Electrolux ran an advertising campaign in English in western Europe & the U.K. in the 1980s, promoting one of their vacuum cleaners

The advertising slogan was so perfect, Sales rocketed!

So they decided to use the exact same advert in North America.

(No disrespect to any Swedish members, nor any members who do not speak English as a first language.)

I'm no' teacher, I'll allow our north American members explain why the ad-campaign was a disaster...

'Nothing Sucks like an Electrolux'

:D


I've tried everywhere on the net to find the original advertisement - I can't find it. But if they had used this image with the same slogan, they could have taken a big share of the North American market that the Hoover company dominate.


And being Swedish, you'd think they would have known that this ad would have been a lot better!

Kiwi

http://thumbnails116.imagebam.com/49...2493846266.jpg

squigg58 06-20-2009 07:28 PM

Did you know ...

that an ounce of gold weighs MORE than an ounce of butter, but a pound of gold weighs LESS than a pound of butter?

rotobott 06-20-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squigg58 (Post 700223)
Did you know ...

that an ounce of gold weighs MORE than an ounce of butter, but a pound of gold weighs LESS than a pound of butter?

You might want to explain that one.

retro72 06-24-2009 03:18 PM

Apparently a snail can sleep up to three years

Ants don't sleep at all.

And dolphins sleep with one eye open.

Some wildlife trivia there.....for what it's worth....

scoundrel 06-24-2009 03:27 PM

If you are of a nervous disposition or don't have a strong stomach do not read this:eek:.

A typical bed matress, if used every night for ten years, will double in weight. So don't wait ten years between replacing your matress.:(

Estreeter 06-24-2009 03:52 PM

The average person laughs 13 times a day!
Unless they view this forum, :rolleyes:

There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos!
I wonder why?:mad::confused::mad:

Forest fires move faster uphill than downhill!
That I've seen:(

Estreeter 06-24-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retro72 (Post 704616)
Apparently a snail can sleep up to three years
Ants don't sleep at all.

Guess I'd rather be a snail than an ant:D


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.1 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.