Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Problem with Just Jasmine popups (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=270169)

knobby109 June 19th, 2014 08:42 AM

Problem with Just Jasmine popups

On the web I have no problems accessing VEF but when I try using my new Windows phone I do.
I reach the site page straight away but as soon as I try to log in I lose the VEF page altogether and transfer to Just Jasmine.Which is not of course what I want.
Is it possible for something to be done about this or is there a work around?

MrInBetween June 19th, 2014 06:29 PM

Are you just using Internet Explorer? If so, try one of the other free browsers in the marketplace.

MrInBetween June 21st, 2014 08:24 AM

No? Perhaps I should have made the answer more detailed, but I've got Windows Phone 7.8 and you've probably got 8 or 8.1 so what I say may not apply. And I never use my phone to look at the forum - but if I try in Internet Explorer (without logging in) to look at one of the pictures here, it's immediately replaced with livejasmin and there seem to be no settings to do anything about it.

If I turn to the marketplace and download the first free browser that comes up - which is called UC Browser - I don't have this problem. I haven't tried that browser apart from in this context so I'm not recommending it, but if you don't like it, one of the others may suit better.

BinLadenSucks July 12th, 2014 10:45 PM

I've found the same issue as well. Comes up as "creatives livejasmin com". Not just this site but other forums sites of a "vbulletin" type of formatting. Logged in or not...Just clicking on the page causes the "ad pop up." Only happens 1 time each browser session.
I remember having this around for a year or two with current "IE" and "Firefoxes". It has never caused me any problems other than having to close it. My spy and adware cleaners have never found anything related to it.
The last 2 days I poked around to see if I could block it. There's supposed to be a setting in "IE" pop up blocker where you can add this to a list. Firefox only offers an add-on for this type pop up. (I really don't want anymore add-ons.)
Maybe I'm just too lazy....But I'd rather just close a window rather than do more tweaking with browsers and add-ons.
I remember about 15 years ago of getting like 72 pop-up attacks before blockers really came to be.

Rick Danger July 16th, 2014 01:30 AM

I think the "Jasmines" are advertisements. Therefore Pop Up blockers don't stop them.

If you are using Mozilla Firefox try installing AdBlock Plus (ABP). In point of fact I've become more aggressive applying plug-ins like ABP, Ghostery (monitors and blocks trackers), and NoScript (blocks the automatic running of scripts) to cleanup my travels on the web. While all this does cause some compatibility issues with certain websites the upside it that I am seeing very few virus/malware intrusions on my computer.

BinLadenSucks July 16th, 2014 02:41 AM

Thanks Rick,

I too came to the conclusion that an Ad-blocker was needed over a Pop Up blocker when relating to Firefox. (I read it on the Firefox website)

I really didn't want to do anymore tweaking but they are getting worse. (I've been off-line for over a year.)

I'm gonna try your recommendation and see how it goes. I'll get back with results, just not sure if it will be soon. (Computer burn out, ya know.)

Computer clean ups like you mentioned are a must. From 2001 until 2009 I was only running on 256mb of Rambus Ram and hosting video game. Players were astonished when they found out about my ram. It was all due to cleaning up the system, running processes, start ups and low demanding antivirus. It just makes it so much easier on your system.

Thanks

BinLadenSucks July 16th, 2014 02:40 PM

Thanks Rick,

AdBlock Plus for Firefox really helped out. Where I would usually get around 15 ads on a heavy download search session, I only got one. (No fake Java update links!:D) and no tweaks yet. Thanks for the tip.

Anyone have any feed back for starting up a "System Maintenance, Clean up and Recovery" thread?

I've looked at the "Useful Programs" threads, but most of what I saw wasn't directed towards such.

MrInBetween July 16th, 2014 04:24 PM

The original question was specifically about Jasmine pop-ups on a Windows phone as opposed to on a computer, the second problem having been dealt with in a thread that now seems to have disappeared. Looking for it however I found this one, also this. But since the current thread's title doesn't actually mention phones, I feel justified in mentioning that I find that Firefox addons Adblock Plus and Ghostery deal with most pop-ups; if I had anything they didn't catch I would block that specific website using YesScript or BlockSite Plus or both.