Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagehost Problems, Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, PixHost, ImgBox etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=114275)

buttsie February 9th, 2011 01:37 AM

They all come and go occasionally

Imagevenue is mr reliable today but that wasnt always the case

As the old cliche goes never put all your eggs in one basket
Might be a pain in the ass but if you use 2 imagehosts for every post
chances are something will be there if one goes offline
If you add filehost backup then 1 imagehost having an off day or 2 shouldnt be an issue

I just tested imagebam on 3 browsers(Firefox,Google Chrome,Kmeleon) and it appears to now be back to working
so go figure

Must be some regional kinks still to be addressed before its back 100%

botogames February 9th, 2011 01:47 AM

It's does look like a DNS (Domain Name Issue). The IP works, the name doesn't. I'm seeing site fine now...

otiscleotus February 9th, 2011 06:40 AM

Imagebam is still disappeared here in the Mellonville-Fernwood-Mayberry tristate area. So I have a little break from my posting activities.

SoMeGuY33 February 9th, 2011 03:12 PM

well, some of the thumbnail images are appearring again, but not all of them. However, when I click that thumbnail, it does direct me to Imagebam, but the photo doesn't load

So, I guess that's progress......
(BTW I'm in Canada)

Mad_Hatter February 11th, 2011 01:03 AM

Ok, it was up and down for awhile there, but it seems to be up, and the photos I tested worked.

But that doesn't mean that they're all back...

masdon February 12th, 2011 05:46 PM

I dont know if it is just me but, over the last 2 days all the images i have try'd to download and save from pimp and host have beem labeled on the save page as "untitled" and "bitmap" even though there is a given name on the top right of the page. weird.

Sharu February 13th, 2011 07:41 AM

having problems with pimp and host too, lots of pix won t load correctly, they stuck rount 93 - 97%, imagegrabber doesn t solve this. but I often have that problem with pah, but never had bigger issues with imagebam oder -venue. but the last days, it got worth for me with pah. any ideass, what s goin on there?

rlg118 February 19th, 2011 08:12 AM

Imagebam is wonky again. They've changed the Bulk Upload page, so when I click Select Files, the "Select files to upload" box gets buried under the browser window instead of remaining on top. Major pain in the ass. :mad:

Update: it seems to be working now. Stay tuned.

Update: I take it back.

Update: The problem seems to be caused by a utility called GetIt. I have to disable it before I hit "Select Files".

guinnessman2001 February 20th, 2011 04:41 PM

Is anybody currently having problems with the basic upload version of Imagevenue?

It's almost as if the link has been hijacked and you are redirected to some junk advert sites.

wozhere February 20th, 2011 05:11 PM

can't access imagebam

Been unable to access imagebam for two days now :(

Others in another thread said they're having no prob with them...

I'm in Toronto and for two days I've been getting...

"The connection has timed out
The server at www.imagebam.com is taking too long to respond."

I've tried many different files/links and none work :confused: