Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagehost Problems, Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, PixHost, ImgBox etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=114275)

dabsy7 December 9th, 2008 08:54 PM

i'M getting rocco's page too...pain in the ass!

jobart December 9th, 2008 08:56 PM

Just boycott imagevenue

dabsy7 December 9th, 2008 09:17 PM

Can't view ANY pics at all now...they're all coming up with Rocco's....wat's going on?????

DubSalute December 9th, 2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabsy7 (Post 473107)
Can't view ANY pics at all now...they're all coming up with Rocco's....wat's going on?????

I also had it happening to me, for a few hours ALL images hosted on ImageVenue redirected me to a tempfull-xcams.php page ...

"...imagevenue.com/tempfull-xcams.php?loc=loc..."

For me all went back to normal again after a few hours and its still works normal and as usual for me now, we will have wait and see what happens, there is not much that we can do then seeing how things unfold ... perhaps all will be sorted and working correct for all of us again soon.

cobra December 10th, 2008 09:41 AM

someone can explain to me how see the pic in basic english please or in french thank you .

DubSalute December 10th, 2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabb20 (Post 473382)
its the most probably a new way of advertising on imagevenue:
There are three ad formats available. Banners, Popunders, and Full Page Redirects. A few words about each ad format: If you order a banner campaign, your ad will appear on top of image landing pages. Click here for an example. Your banner should be a standard 728x90 Leaderboard. It should not contain excessive animation or take-over creatives. If you order a popunder campaign, it will be capped at 1/24 hr per unique user. The popunder should not contain any malware or take over creatives. A Full Page Redirect is our new ad format that redirects users to your website. It is capped at 1/24 hr per unique user. Please click here for an example.

That explains a lot ... i at the moment have no problems viewing the images but problem could be in the way that imagevenue determines that "1/24 hr per unique user" period that could be by cookies or IP.

I also do not understand 100% what they mean with "1/24 hr per unique user" ... that you will have the ad 1 time every 24 hours or for a period of 24 hours per user.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra (Post 473560)
someone can explain to me how see the pic in basic english please or in french thank you .

Should all solve itself, just wait a short period. Peu de patience, tous devraient résoudre elle-même 24 heures. Je l'espère ...

Lorsque vous avez des problèmes de compréhension, vous pouvez toujours essayer Google translate:
http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&sl=en&tl=fr

machin December 10th, 2008 02:26 PM

yeepee

I just had the same problem? I tried different fixes and all the suggestions above. None worked, in firefox and IE as well.

It lasted for 20 hrs and something. Now it's fixed, by itself.

shabb20 was right:

Quote:

..... A Full Page Redirect is our new ad format that redirects users to your website. It is capped at 1/24 hr per unique user.

Pretty annoying for the future, don't you think?

DubS, I love your french
Quote:

Peu de patience, tous devraient résoudre elle-même 24 heures. Je l'espère ...
Let's hope that my english could be so sexy, someday!

Bovon December 10th, 2008 05:15 PM

Sorry to be a pain and all that :(
But ImageVenue is working just fine for me.
I'm using FF, and still XP sp2.

DubSalute December 10th, 2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machin (Post 473787)
I just had the same problem? I tried different fixes and all the suggestions above. None worked, in firefox and IE as well.

It lasted for 20 hrs and something. Now it's fixed, by itself. Pretty annoying for the future, don't you think?

It will have something to do with cookies or your IP adress, i havn't got cookies enabled on ImageVenue so likely they tell by IP if you have seen the ad before anyway for me all images hosted on ImageVenue where working again properly after a few hours. Lets hope they do not get to many customers for these new redirecting (hijack) ads ... also the "popunder campaign" doesn't sound promissing ...

Quote:

"... popunder campaign, it will be capped at 1/24 hr per unique user. The popunder should not contain any malware or take over creatives."
Are there still people having problems ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by machin (Post 473787)
DubS, I love your french

Vous êtes bienvenue, mon ami ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bovon (Post 473947)
... ImageVenue is working just fine for me ...

Thanks for rubbing it in Bovon :cool:

DTravel December 10th, 2008 06:55 PM

The "once per 24 hours" is not strictly correct. Its once per browser session per 24 hours. If you click on an IV link, get the full page ad, continue browsing and then later close your browser their counter resets and you can get another full page ad the next time you click on an IV link after restarting your browser, even if it is less than 24 hours later.