Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Politics, Current Affairs, Religion Threads (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Current Politics in the United Kingdom (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=305130)

palo5 March 8th, 2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wendigo (Post 3575865)
The Ukraine as quite frankly all this has exactly bugger all to do with the EU referendum

Unfortunately it does, if you think Nato is some kind of alternative. And it's clear you do in your own way

UK foreign policy has been grotesque for many years. Almost no one trusts them today

They sign up for Europe, then whine they didn't know what it was about. They sign up for Nato, which means follow America and spread death & destruction, and the only adventure they don't follow is Vietnam -- they must have had a wise leader at the time

If you stay in EU, you have a voice. If you stay in Nato and alliance with America, you waste money & lives -- Afghanistan, Irak, Libya, Syria etc etc. But only America has a say

If you leave EU, you'll be ..... well, insignificant. Unless you start producing stuff that people want, like you did 100 years ago or so :cool:

Mal Hombre March 8th, 2016 07:31 PM

Ok Back on topic,No NATO,No subject other than the upcoming EU referendum in the UK.

uli12345 March 8th, 2016 08:06 PM

I'm a Bavarian! On the other hand I'm a German!
Do you thinking you can leave Europe!

Uli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWdLt3Afjrg

Wendigo March 8th, 2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uli12345 (Post 3575966)
I'm a Bavarian! On the other hand I'm a German!
Do you thinking you can leave Europe!

Uli

No leaving the continent of Europe would be geographically impossible ;)

However the UK is actually voting on whether we stay in the EU and therefore leaving the EU is a possibility.

Pepper II March 9th, 2016 12:19 AM

I'm an American and have no vested interest in this one way or another. But I believe this European Union is ultimately a bad idea. Nations risk losing their national identity and their citizens will eventually become only subjects to some small group of politicians bent on European domination (sound familiar?). And we've already seen how the countries with poor economies are a millstone around the neck of the more productive. This whole thing should be looked upon as a failed experiment. Get out while you can.

scoundrel March 9th, 2016 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper II (Post 3576206)
I'm an American and have no vested interest in this one way or another. But I believe this European Union is ultimately a bad idea. Nations risk losing their national identity and their citizens will eventually become only subjects to some small group of politicians bent on European domination (sound familiar?). And we've already seen how the countries with poor economies are a millstone around the neck of the more productive. This whole thing should be looked upon as a failed experiment. Get out while you can.

It is a flawed institution, but so is the Union in the USA; yet collectively the states of the Union are a powerful force. The EU is also a powerful force. The question is far from clear to me concerning whether member states will lose their national identity, which certainly has not happened so far; but is that what's in store for us?

Economically, the EU has done a lot to improve some national economies, Ireland being a good example, despite her present difficulties. Compare Ireland now with Ireland in the days of de Valera and it is easy to see how much economic progress she has made. But some member states, Greece notably, are held back by the incompetence and brazen corrruption of their governments, which would still happen if they weren't in the EU.

Wendigo March 10th, 2016 09:35 AM

This will be interesting

EU referendum: David Cameron to set out 'benefits for UK'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35769809

The odd thing about EU grants that many people seem to forget is that they are giving us some of the money back we paid in. We are net contributors to the EU so it's not a surprise that the EU does fund some UK projects. It's like lending someone £100 and them giving you back £15 and you being told by everyone you should be thanking them even though you are £85 down.
I fully accept under the present arrangement it is in the UK's interest to help support other EU countries so the present imbalance does not worry me but the argument about EU funded projects is too often twisted.

What is more open to debate is that if the UK did not pay the EU fees would UKGov use the extra funds they have to still fund those same areas? I believe some areas including medical research, science and technology should be prioritised as we could reap benefits (not just financial) from them in the long term.

DB83 March 10th, 2016 06:19 PM

^^ I read that this morning and thought " 'Call me Dave' must be a VIP member here"

But then I watched his speech today and it was more of the same.

For Cameron, this is a win at all costs. Matters not who suffers for it. Jobs will be lost (tell the steel workers) whether you are in the EU or not). This week one of the big energy giants announced large job-losses. EU to blame for that ?

palo5 March 10th, 2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB83 (Post 3577956)
For Cameron, this is a win at all costs. Matters not who suffers for it

Ukers will be screwed no matter what the result. Seriously bad call by Cameron, if he thought he could resolve the question

The people who dislike the EU will still dislike it if they lose

And if they win, they'll get more government by their own much less democratic rulers

Who wins from this? Does anyone know who's financing what campaigns? :confused:

otokonomidori March 10th, 2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palo5 (Post 3577978)
Ukers will be screwed no matter what the result.
:confused:

I daresay we'll muddle through somehow like we always have done; regardless of "the envy of less happy lands"