Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Politics, Current Affairs, Religion Threads (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Atheist, are you one?? (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=201756)

billybunter April 11th, 2012 08:03 PM

Atheist, are you one??

I am. Wasn't christened. And I champion the cause to this day.

Short USA clip: http://documentarystorm.com/anything-but-an-atheist/

keep it nice. No flaming people's faith. Or the mods with remove the thread.

monogroover April 11th, 2012 08:07 PM

Yes, I'm an atheist. Have never heard a convincing reason to believe that any of the various gods are real.

Mal Hombre April 11th, 2012 08:08 PM

I expect that it would come as a surprise to few regulars here that I'm also a committed Atheist,I saw through the light in Junior School and My lack of faith has not wavered since..

ubu_roi April 11th, 2012 08:14 PM

Gee, what could possibly go wrong in this thread? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm an atheist (okay, technically I'm an Existential Zen Buddhist, and I'm not even kidding there) and have been since I was quite young. I just never bought into the whole Hereafter thing.

Interestingly, I attended a private Parochial school from the 5th grade on. I used to joke that I was their "token atheist." They put up with me; looking back I have no idea why. Oh, wait, I guess I do know why - it was the tuition my parents paid. Got a pretty good education there, I must admit. I just ignored the morning prayers and all the God stuff.

billybunter April 11th, 2012 08:21 PM

I was picked on by my RE teacher after my dad wrote a letter demanding I be spared the mumbo jumbo. But legally I had to attend. He failed my homeworks and caned me for no reason:mad: until my old man spoke to the headmaster and threatened to pull me out and let the press know. Mr RE ignored me the rest of the term. The next term you could opt out and chose something exciting like French:rolleyes:

taffy2 April 11th, 2012 08:27 PM

I'm on the side of science, a devout atheist.

As my T-shirt said 10 years ago 'Thank God I'm an atheist' :D

billybunter April 11th, 2012 08:27 PM

Did you make it to heaven NIN or did you get frog marched down the stairs?:eek::D

kennyjackson April 11th, 2012 08:52 PM

I have long suspected - and am now thoroughly convinced - that one has to either not believe in God or one has to believe that He is thoroughly disengaged from humanity. I don’t see how, objectively looking at the world, one could conclude anything else. I believe the later. I do not believe that He is a personal God who is responsive to our prayers, hopes and aspirations. Further, I am beginning to be convinced that we do not have any sort of a pipeline to God. I think that he created us and simply said: “I gave you life now deal with it – alone.”

kennyjackson April 11th, 2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taffy2 (Post 2034452)
I'm on the side of science, a devout atheist.

As my T-shirt said 10 years ago 'Thank God I'm an atheist' :D

“We are born wet, naked, and hungry. Then things get worse.” ~Author Unknown

rotobott April 11th, 2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyjackson (Post 2034489)
I have long suspected - and am now thoroughly convinced - that one has to either not believe in God or one has to believe that He is thoroughly disengaged from humanity. I don’t see how, objectively looking at the world, one could conclude anything else. I believe the later. I do not believe that He is a personal God who is responsive to our prayers, hopes and aspirations. Further, I am beginning to be convinced that we do not have any sort of a pipeline to God. I think that he created us and simply said: “I gave you life now deal with it – alone.”

and on the eighth day he invented glasses :D

Me I'm a humanist, but theres some real bastards :D