Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagebam is mining bitcoin (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=344078)

Bakalinge November 30th, 2017 07:50 AM

Imagebam is mining bitcoin

Did you noticed how your processor is suddenly working while watching images on Imagebam.com since a few days ?

Here's the explanation : there is a javascript file hosted on their server that is mining bitcoin for them without your knowledge. In other word, they are using your computer to make money.

Why not after all ? Ads are also a way to make money, and they need to pay their service. Only problem to me : No message or alert to tell you what they are doing with your computer...

m100 November 30th, 2017 12:23 PM

deposit files seems to have something similar going on. click on some (new only?) deposit files links and you get the option of no wait and no captcha if you allow them to use your processor "for calculations". AVG keeps reporting something called 'coinhive.js' and quarantines it. It seems to me that if you don't agree then it becomes initially impossible to get said file but if you try a few times in quick succession you eventually get the usual deposit files options and certainly if you go back one hour later.

Bakalinge November 30th, 2017 11:32 PM

$btc at 11000 $, everybody want get some nowadays. Legitimate. But keep your browser opened showing an image on imagebam while you take a coffee, for 10 or 15 minutes, and don't be surprised if your processor is molten when you come back

buttsie December 1st, 2017 01:14 AM

Cant say i've noticed much but then I use a script blocker instead of an ad-blocker

Chrome (Script Safe) , Palemoon (No Script)

I simply dont trust any site let alone the fact that hackers can embed all manner of scripts into unmonitored , abandoned or sites run by IT novices.

Having a look at a bitcoin tutorial site - 99 bit coins

A good section under Mining guides - bit coin mining - is it worth it
Very detailed analysis

- what a wonderful pyramid scheme

Anonym zu 99bitcoins.com/

What i dislike most about bitcoin is its the favoured payment method for ransomware criminals

If it means IB keeps my 3-4000 galleries available I can live with it

Just be smart and protect yourself with a script blocker if its using your CPU

buttsie December 9th, 2017 11:14 PM

cryptojacking craze November 8, 2017

The in-browser cryptojacking craze that has taken over the Internet is getting worse by the day and more and more sites are implementing such systems, intentionally or after getting hacked.

Malwarebytes, one of the first major antivirus companies that have added support for blocking such scripts has recently released a report detailing statistics from the last month.

According to the Malwarebytes team, Malwarebytes products have blocked on average around 8 million requests per day to domains hosting in-browser cryptocurrency mining scripts.

In total, the company says it blocked nearly 248 million requests during the entire month of October 2017, and most of these requests were for Coinhive, today's most popular in-browser Monero mining service.

special proxy services have popped up online that allow some website operators to evade ad blockers and antivirus solutions by tunneling Coinhive requests through other domains.

source

Anonym zu www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cryptojacking-craze-malwarebytes-says-it-blocks-8-million-requests-per-day/

Chrome extension called No Coin, created by developer Rafael Keramidas, that blocks Coinhive mining and is adding protection against other miners, too.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...cgmbgjcl?hl=en

Anonym zu www.wired.com/story/cryptojacking-cryptocurrency-mining-browser/

Beware browser extensions - do your research before adding - if your CPU is over heating
try starting in safe mode with extensions disabled and you'll soon know if an existing one
has gone rogue intentionally or by hackers

The authors of SafeBrowse, a Chrome extension with more than 140,000 users, have embedded a JavaScript library in the extension's code that mines for the Monero cryptocurrency using users' computers and without getting their consent.

UPDATE : The SafeBrowse team has provided Bleeping Computer the following statement regarding the extension's recent Monero mining capabilities.

Unfortunately we have no knowledge, apparently has been a hack. I'm currently researching, I have already contacted the Google team. The extension has not received an update for months, so I do not know what it's all about.

Anonym zu www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/chrome-extension-embeds-in-browser-monero-miner-that-drains-your-cpu/

Gordon3 December 10th, 2017 01:37 AM

I've done some testing when the browser really slows down (although this may stop working at some point). Closing all tabs of any sites that might be suspicious helps the browser process, at least in Windows & Linux, return to its normal CPU usage.

Since then, quickly entering one of these sites and leaving seems to have minimized my CPU usage.

buttsie December 10th, 2017 08:08 PM

Cryptojacking Script Continues to Operate After Users Close Their Browser

It just keeps getting better

The operator of at least one website has been spotted using small pop under window hidden under the user's Windows taskbar to continue to operate an in-browser miner even after the user closed the main browser window.

Discovered by Malwarebytes researcher Jerome Segura, the miscreants behind this campaign utilize a tactic known as a pop-under, a trick that allows them to spawn a new window, separate from the main browser.

An adult portal — used the following formula to dynamically calculate the position of this new window.

Horizontal position = (current screen width) – 100px
Vertical position = (current screen height) – 40px

source November 29, 2017

Anonym zu www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cryptojacking-script-continues-to-operate-after-users-close-their-browser/

Random Tube or TGP (thumbnail gallery post) sites that dominate search returns might be best avoided given the current free for all thats currently under way.

highwayman274 December 11th, 2017 06:07 PM

I use the Google Chrome browser on a Windows 7 laptop.

Recently, my CPU began racing when I had VEF pages open; however neither my Windows Task Manager, nor the internal Chrome Task Manager could identify the offending process. All I knew was that my problem lay solely with VEF.

A fellow Moderator suggested that I install the No-Script extension for Chrome, and I have now done so. I also installed the Antiminer extension for Chrome.

Since installing those 2 extensions I have had no probems with my CPU.

Rommelbommel December 17th, 2017 07:30 AM

If your system or browser slows down and you can't find out which website does that, it might not just be a bitcoin javascript. I had a Firefox add-on that was simply badly coded.

Blue126 March 5th, 2018 08:38 AM

Here is another good article on this subject.

cryptojacking