Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Softcore Models Discussion (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Playmates That Improved Upon Further Review (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=336410)

Waingro August 6th, 2017 04:17 PM

Playmates That Improved Upon Further Review

I've always been a fan of Playboy Playmates ever since I saw a Playmate nude for the very first time. I was also a long-time subscriber and when the issues would arrive in the mail, the first thing I would do (as I'm sure everyone else did) was to check out the PMOM.

Most PMOMs made me feel tingly upon the very first viewing of their pics. Playmates were always goddesses to me and their beauty was unrivaled. Despite that, there were many over the years that I dismissed as not worthy but then subsequent viewings of their pictures and/or videos made me appreciate their beauty more than my first peek at them.

Here are the ones I didn't care for at first, but then came to like later:

• Holly Witt
  • Kristi Cline
  • Christi Shake
  • Shallan Meiers
  • Lani Todd
  • Divini Rae
  • Nicole Voss
  • Juliette Frette
  • Pamela Horton
  • Sandra Nilsson
  • Roos Van Montfort
Not sure why my opinions changed, but all those beauties grew on me or should I say made something grow on me.

Do you have any like that?

Duece October 5th, 2017 12:20 PM

For me it's Alexandra Tyler, I'm still not too much of a fan of her very dark layout but her videos are absolutely amazing and they really showcase a Playmate with a very nice, all natural body, nice breasts and long legs and beautiful eyes.

I wouldn't put her in my top 30 just yet but if I could make a list of my top 50 Playmates she definitely would make that list.

WMUHFan1 October 7th, 2017 11:38 AM

Interesting question. I must admit this is something that I have thought about too. I have always attributed this to my own changing tastes over the years, which is certainly possible. I would say that the vast majority of my "ratings" pretty much have stayed the same over the years. The biggest change in my assessments has probably been to Renee Tenison over the years, who I originally didn't care for at all. It started to change, however, after I saw this video with her and Lisa Matthews on a local TV station in Vegas, I was blown away by her abs and humble personality. I always loved Lisa Matthews, but thought Renee looked much better in this segment, which is amazing, because Renee is the "older" playmate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvxozNAwctw

I've also revised my ratings upward over the years for Alana Soares and Karin Taylor, which I suppose shows that I have become more and more attracted over the years to more of the non-white, more exotic-looking Playmates.

The only White Playmate that I've re-assessed over the years in a much more positive manner is Kalin Olson. I think it was the video with Kelly Monaco in the skit when they take off their clothes (of course!) and hang out with their mutual male friend, and jump into the water, and picnic out in nature.

Of course, my ratings for other Playmates have gone down over the years. But I suppose that's a topic for another thread!

tedlinkskey January 10th, 2018 10:59 PM

Not too old of a thread to bring back up. I would say Shannon Tweed is the one that stands out most for me. Sometimes, the original pictorial misses just the right angle or smile, or maybe they zoomed in when they should have done full-body.

When you see the same person in a different pictorial, or video, you get a different appreciation and then you can go back and view the original pictorial in a different perspective.

Gordon3 January 10th, 2018 11:36 PM

There were definitely a number of Playmates, whose pictorial may have been a bit arty, awkward, had bad makeup, had a bad set or costumes, or were off in some other way, but in the video, their beauty was allowed to shine. Some examples, for me, would be Kim Morris, India Allen, Susie Owens, Laurie Wood, and Cady Cantrell.

Bill McNeal January 10th, 2018 11:43 PM

Danelle Folta and Victoria Zdrok

Horrible PM photoshoots, top notch NSS models afterwards (and PH pictorial for Victoria)

keats January 10th, 2018 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill McNeal (Post 4295646)
Danelle Folta and Victoria Zdrok

Horrible PM photoshoots, top notch NSS models afterwards (and PH pictorial for Victoria)

Interesting regarding Ms Zdrok; I had the opposite reaction: thought her Pl@ym@t3 stuff was nice (not nice enough to put her in my top 30 though) but her later stuff, I found boring. The same with Ann Marie Goddard; her Playmate stuff was sensational but her later stuff left me cold.

keats January 10th, 2018 11:56 PM

It took me a long, long time to appreciate Donna Michelle but she's definitely in my top 30 now, and maybe my top 10. This is an issue with a lot of the truly classic Pl@ym@t3s. Christa Speck is another one I had to look at several times before I could get beyond the weird hair and make-up. I'm really getting into the classics now.

Bill McNeal January 11th, 2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keats (Post 4295653)
Interesting regarding Ms Zdrok; I had the opposite reaction: thought her Pl@ym@t3 stuff was nice (not nice enough to put her in my top 30 though) but her later stuff, I found boring. The same with Ann Marie Goddard; her Playmate stuff was sensational but her later stuff left me cold.

I just checked her spread out again. You're right, it is really nice. I guess I just always think of that goofy outfit she has on in the centerfold picture.

We'll agree to disagree on her later PB stuff. Her cover and soapy spread in that one W&W flat, for instance, is just amazing.

grimalda67 January 11th, 2018 09:44 AM

Now might be a good time to mention Helle Michaelsen, whose video profile I saw way before seeing any photo of her.

She has an expression in the photos that looks very different from the ones I saw in the video. So I get the same thing there.

Oh, and I appreciated Suzie Owens's beauty much more in her profile than in her pictorial too. To me, the latter looks aesthetically flawless but sadly devoid of any attraction.

(Hopefully for both ladies I'm in a minority.)