Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   In Remembrance (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   RIP Winebeavis (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=317677)

Leprechaun October 6th, 2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbailey (Post 3799095)
We should all get out today and hug those close to us...................no excuses........no putting off.............get out and hug the ones you love and that love you right back..........

You just made my day! Thank you! :thumbsup:

tabler October 6th, 2016 05:55 PM

Since Jeff's wife rang me on Monday evening to tell me of his death, I have been pretty much numb. I was going to post the details of his death as requested by his wife, but Hank did it for me before I could log on again to post all the facts. He was a good mate and we spent a lot of time on the phone and private messenger together. Apart from starting a thread in mod forum and just posting the facts, I have not really paid much attention to this thread..I didn't know what to say.

Now I do!

Yesterday as I browsed this thread I read Lucifer's tribute. Not being a native English speaker he had made a slight mistake. I just quietly edited his post for him and changed 'Rust' into 'Rest'.

Today, I was welding a new part into one of my rusty garden gates..As I was hacksawing the old part out, I fell about laughing!

"Rust in peace".

Jeff would have absolutely loved that, we have exactly the same sense of humour and I will miss his presence more than I can put into words.

Tomorrow is Jeffrey's funeral. Obviously him being in Texas and me in the UK, I can't be there.

However, at the same time as the ceremony I shall be raising several glasses of what was Jeff's favourite drink..Gin.

Rust in peace my friend.

Wendigo October 6th, 2016 06:47 PM

Like Tabs, I've been keeping a quiet eye on this thread over the past few days wondering how best to post, it was so sudden and already so many eloquent words have been spoken in his memory.
Sadly I never met Jeff but we have exchanged many PMs over the years always polite and in good humour, he was a truly larger than life bighearted figure.
In a world with so much sadness and darkness we really need more people like Jeff.
My heart goes out to his wife, family and his friends. He is already sadly missed.
For medical reasons I tend to only drink alcohol on special occasions but I'll have a drink in your honour tomorrow.
RIP Jeff :(

Pinkpapercut October 6th, 2016 09:24 PM

My only experience of Winebeavis was through his posts, particularly in the GD&N threads, but one can get a good impression of a man from the way he writes and WB was clearly one of the Good Guys.

Perhaps because his personality shone through so clearly in his posts I was very shocked just now to discover he has passed away - and so young.

Rest in Peace WB. My sympathy and condolences to his family and friends, particularly his friends here at VEF.

axdx October 7th, 2016 02:30 AM

I'm shocked and sad to hear about my friend winebeavis's passing. He was a great mod and a great friend, he will be missed by the entire vef family. My condolences to his wife, family, and friends.

http://thumbnails116.imagebam.com/50...d508210215.jpg

Jenny48549 October 7th, 2016 04:34 AM

My apologies for being late in posting in this thread, but I am still having trouble trying to wrap my head around the fact that Jeffrey is no longer with us.

All of the wonderful qualities that made him such a great friend also made him one of the best moderators I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I will truly miss having him by my side at this forum.

I can only imagine what his wife is going through and I offer my sincere and heartfelt condolences to her and his family at this difficult time.

Rest in peace my dear friend.

kogi October 7th, 2016 03:50 PM

So many great words have been said about Jeffrey and this memorial thread is both a testament to his human qualities and what kind of moderator he was.
I quit the classic movies team a couple of years ago when Jeffrey was fairly new, but we kept in touch afterwards. Even tempered and funny he was a man I grew to respect quickly and while there still are millions of human stars twinkling with life I feel the world is a bit darker after his passing.

Like Jenny, still in shock, I didn't know what to say. Moderating teams can be like family, especially when you have worked together for a long time.

I too offer my sincerest and heartfelt condolences to his family. But I also offer them to his friends and fellow moderators here who have lost a friend. Rest in peace mate. You will always be remembered.

Nebraska1 October 7th, 2016 07:50 PM

very sad news. i didn't know winebeavis but i saw his contributions here.

r.i.p.

uli12345 October 7th, 2016 08:54 PM

Hello Jeff,
for you...I hope you like it!:):):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DanA9DlT92c

Bruce Springsteen;)

your friend Uli

Have a good time!

Jeepster1973 October 8th, 2016 10:26 AM

I have been away for a few days and have only just seen this thread. There are so many threads on this forum and I tend to skim past many. However every now and again (and I agree that unfortunately they are becoming more common) someone leaves us. It is only in their passing that many people realise how much they have contributed and how much they will be missed. There are some great tributes here and very well deserved.

Thoughts obviously go out to his family at losing someone so suddenly and at such a young age.