Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   In Remembrance (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   R.I.P. hattertim (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=335845)

bloke57 July 29th, 2017 07:36 PM

R.I.P. hattertim

I'm sure it will have filtered through by now that long term member and contributor hattertim passed away on Friday after a short illness. He was 51.

I knew Tim and worked with him for some years until 2011 after which we stayed in touch, shared the odd pint and exchanged Facebook messages.

As his name here suggests, he was a long term supporter of Luton Town football club - nickname "The Hatters" of course - and played for local amateur teams for many years. He was a quietish chap with what seemed at first a serious nature - but, as you got to know him, great affection was bound to follow - as witnessed by his large number of furiously devoted friends.

His studious character made him one of the best administrators you could ever have on your team - his work was of a uniformly high standard and he had an uncanny ability to be able to look at a system and tailor it for its users. So much so that he got promoted away from my department to be given responsibility for IT matters and, while I missed his input, it was good to see him get the progress he deserved.

Tim brought the archivist's eye to many subjects and had a mind-boggling depth of knowledge in the realms of sci-fi, film and many types of popular music. You will see that his birthday was, appropriately, May the fourth...;)

I hadn't seen Tim for a while and was planning on arranging something when I heard that he had been rushed to hospital with a heart problem and sepsis. He underwent a heart operation last weekend and was being kept sedated. But it appears it was just too much for him and life gave up the fight to keep him - he is heaven's gain. I do not mind admitting that when a former colleague informed me of his death the tears flowed for quite some time - but Tim deserves every tear. One of life's gentlemen and I am so pleased that our paths crossed.

http://img224.imagevenue.com/loc1033...122_1033lo.jpg

Mal Hombre July 29th, 2017 08:45 PM

Tim was a fine moderator and contributor.Although I didn't know Him as well as some,He will be sadly missed by all of Us.This is another sad loss for the Forum

Glen Quagmire July 29th, 2017 08:56 PM

I can only send my deepest condolences to his family.
Tim was not only a good contributor to the forum he was a good moderator as well.
His demise is a great loss to the forum and it's members.
I can only hope and wish that he is resting in peace.

Athanatophobos July 29th, 2017 09:03 PM

I didn't know him either but all my condoleances to his family and friends.

Pinkpapercut July 29th, 2017 09:04 PM

Tim was a wonderful contributor and moderator here and was equally generous at a previous glamour forum where I had contact with him.

I'm deeply sorry and shocked to read of his death. My sympathy to his family and to his friends here at VEF.

Rest in peace.

jokerman July 29th, 2017 09:06 PM

Tim. Gone.::eek:
This is bad news. He was a good poster. Especially on his pet project which was the Fiesta thread.
He will be sadly missed.
Tim R.I.P

guvn00rr July 29th, 2017 09:08 PM

I PM'd Tim a couple times and befriended him here on VEF.

Sad news.

snootsir July 29th, 2017 09:24 PM

Very sad news. I conversed with Tim several times via pm and always found him friendly, helpful and informative. An amazing contributer to the forum and will be sadly missed.
Deepest condolences to friends and family.

Staffsyeoman July 29th, 2017 09:34 PM

Taken far too young. As a collective, we all lose when so valued a contributor leaves us, but that is nothing as the loss to his nearest and dearest, who must be in our thoughts tonight.

Brecht July 29th, 2017 09:36 PM

Like my fellow colleagues and other VEF members, I hoped the news of Tim's passing was just a rumor. Sadly this was only wishful thinking. I didn't know him well but well enough to confirm what others said about his character. He was a nice, intelligent and quiet fella, the latter being a positive trait in my book. What can I say? 51 years is nothing. Tim still had a whole life waiting for him.

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace and thank you for everything you have done for this place, Tim.