Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Celebrity, Film & Television Discussion (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   They actually did it! (Celeb sex in movies) (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=153501)

DTravel March 24th, 2011 07:52 PM

They actually did it! (Celeb sex in movies)

I just came across this article: Forthcoming Peter Bart Book Answers Long-Simmering Question About Julie Christie Sex Scene http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ris...answers-170025

Quote:

It's one of the most mythologized did-they-or-didn't-they moments of film lore -- did Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie actually have sex while shooting the famously erotic scene from the 1973 thriller Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg?

Well, Peter Bart unequivocally says they did.

I got my hands on a galley copy of the former Variety editor's forthcoming book, Infamous Players: A Tale of Movies, the Mob, (and Sex). In the book, Bart tells a funny, profane, revealing anecdote about visiting the Venice set on that "auspicious day." At the time, Bart was a Paramount executive and, according to the new book, Roeg told him as he arrived on set, "Good day to come by."

While he was watching the filming, Bart claims his mind drifted off for a few moments to other logistics of his trip before suddenly focusing back on the actors, who were completely naked. And -- apologies for the adult language, I'm quoting from the book -- he writes, "It was clear to me they were no longer simply acting: they were fucking on camera."

According to Bart, he then had the following whispered exchange with Roeg:

Bart: Nic. Don't they expect you to say "cut?"

Roeg: I just want to be sure I have the coverage.

Bart: His dick is moving in and out of her. That's beyond coverage.

So there you have it. It was the Seventies.

But the anecdote actually carries over to a few months later, when Bart says he got a surprise visit at his Beverly Hills office from Warren Beatty, who was either dating Christie or had just broken up with her at the time. Beatty apparently had seen Roeg's cut of the movie and angrily demanded that the scene be re-edited because it was graphic enough that you could see Christie's, uh, julie. Bart demurred, saying that the censors would never let it through.

Beatty wasn't appeased and insisted: "I want to cut the movie with you, pussy hair by pussy hair..."

The book, which comes out in May from Weinstein Books, promises more raunchy tales from the boys' club that ran the lots and locations of Hollywood in the late 1960s and early '70s. But it's going to be hard for Bart to top that one.

pharoahegypt March 24th, 2011 09:29 PM

glad to read this; as ive always thought they had done it, though im often shouted down by other celeb fanatics for my view...... now if only a few more directors or producers could come out and tell us about all the other scenes we think could be real too..???

Pianaman March 25th, 2011 12:46 PM

Damn I wish you could get hold of the bits that ended up on the cutting room floor - what a prize!

swamp thing March 25th, 2011 03:50 PM

That guy just has a book to sell. Sutherland can be seen in the film with his face in her crotch but thats abit different to actual penetration.

pharoahegypt March 26th, 2011 03:53 PM

while i understand ur view swampy. the guy couldn't just say this or he'd be sued into his grave. can only say this if its true. thats way i see it anyhow.

sounds very much like the sort of thing ud expect to hear warren beatty ask for too.. if uv read the full qoute youll understand that he asked for the scene to be cut quite considerably from what was filmed. he seemed more bothered about what would be seen by the audience, than what donald had just done to his, at the time, girlfriend.

cant see myself being more worried about that editing job that could wait a while, rather than seeking out the offending actor to punch his lights out for just boning my mrs in front of a crowd of film people???

stevieb June 14th, 2011 01:40 PM

On the subject of the thread:

Chloe Sevigny obviously really did it when she gave her boyfriend a blowjob on camera in "Brown Bunny."

There is a long-standing rumor that many of the actors in "Kids" were really doing it, which was very controversial since most of the actors were underage.

There is a rumor that Michael Pitt and Eva Green really did it in "The Dreamers," and that there is explicit footage out floating around the Internet.

Not vintage, but interesting all the same.

bob027 October 8th, 2011 05:29 PM

Klaus Kinski said he really penetrated Arielle Dombasle in "les fruits de la passion"

peckinpah1976 October 10th, 2011 02:40 PM

The myth about Don't Look Know was debunked years ago and anyone with any understanding of how a film is actually made (epsicially a Nic Roeg film) should be able to tell that it contains so many cuts (therefore different camera setups) that it would be virtually impossible for it to be the real thing. Also, depsite being open-minded liberal types Sutherland and Christie (not to mention Roeg) have been denying it for forty years.

Staffsyeoman October 10th, 2011 04:19 PM

Word was about that Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange did it for real on the kitchen table scene in the remake of 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'.

Warren G December 2nd, 2011 04:39 AM

You can plainly see the blowjob scene with Chloe Sevigny in Brown Bunny is real