Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Politics, Current Affairs, Religion Threads (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   bring back hanging yes or no? (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=169953)

1952224 August 4th, 2011 05:30 PM

bring back hanging yes or no?

with an online poll of 100,000 signatures parliament is likelyto have a debate on reinstating the death penalty.i believe in an eye for an eye but looking back at cases
  1. derek bentley
  2. timothy evans
2 cases from the 50s who were hung
  1. the birmingham 6
  2. guildford 4
  3. stefan kizsco
these 3 cases and many others like them where these people would have recieved the death penalty had it been in force at the time,spent many years in prison before being found innocent.i can see the case for it for serial killers,child killers and terrorist but is it a price worth paying when they get it wrong

Mal Hombre August 4th, 2011 05:37 PM

"An eye for an eye" is a limitation,it means You can only take one eye for one eye.As for Capital Punishment,I happen to believe it is morally wrong,the practical question of guilt beyond doubt just confirms My opinion.

haldane4 August 4th, 2011 05:48 PM

No.

And given the endemic corruption of the police, judiciary, parliament and almost every other walk of life in this country, the death penalty is beyond recall - only a society that's whiter than white should be able to impose such a sanction. And even then only for the most heinous crimes, proved beyond all doubt - not reasonable doubt - all doubt.

olivierd August 4th, 2011 05:54 PM

Irma Grese was one the most notorious of the female Nazi war criminals and was one of the relatively small number of women who had worked in the concentration camps that were hanged for war crimes by the Allies. She pleaded not guilty to the specific charges brought against her. Many of the survivors of Belsen testified against Irma. She became the youngest woman executed under British jurisdiction in the 20th century and was also the youngest of the concentration camp guards to be hanged.

tygrkhat40 August 4th, 2011 06:08 PM

I live in a country where capital punishment is still a reality. I believe that the death penalty is the ultimate punishment for a crime, that is, your crime is so heinous that you must forfeit your life as a consequence.

That being said, you had better be damn sure of all the facts before passing down such a sentence.

sweatyhat August 4th, 2011 06:24 PM

I've swayed both ways on this issue and continue to do so.

I'm grappling with two issues, the main being reasonable doubt. I suppose for serial killers and terrorists, the evidence could be overwhelming, but the excellent points previously raised over the reliability of our legal system worry me.

Another problem I forsee is the mental health of those we ask to perform our judicial killing. Regardless of whether a convict deserves his or her fate, ending their life cannot be easy. Who would WANT to do that job?

http://ist1-2.filesor.com/pimpandhos...7an/fonz_0.jpg

olivierd August 4th, 2011 06:27 PM

Some 68% of the 5,760 death sentences in the United States between 1973 and 1995 have been overturned on appeal because of judicial errors. This is the conclusion reached by an report released Monday by the law school of the University of New York, Columbia, in 2000.

olivierd August 4th, 2011 06:44 PM

In 1974, the murder of a child in the Marseille area raises the indignation of the people and unleashed the press. Christian Ranucci, a young man without history, was arrested and confessed. The investigators, ordered by political authorities and the public to obtain results quickly, take him guilty.
The case seems resolved. However, returning to his confession, Ranucci claims to have been pressured and numerous irregularities arise as to the manner of questioning and investigation. Supported by his mother and defended by a young lawyer, the Master Forsonney, Ranucci denies any defense strategy to make him avoid the death penalty and tirelessly proclaims his innocence. Sentenced to death, it was refused a presidential pardon. He was guillotined July 28, 1976, throwing at his lawyers as a last wish: "rehabilitate me." »
"The red sweater" is a book in the form of investigation into this matter Ranucci (1974-1976), the leading second-last guillotined in France whose guilt remains questionable. This book has played a historic role, as it has helped to change French public opinion towards the abolition of the death penalty.

Sharkhunter August 4th, 2011 06:45 PM

Yes. When I look at a face such as that of Ian Huntley or Levi Bellfield I just want to do the job myself.

billybunter August 4th, 2011 06:53 PM

In theory yes. But too many mistakes can be made. And I don't think it is a deterrent. In fact letting scum like Ian Huntley Rose West and others rot in jail is a better punishment than hanging.