Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagehost Problems, Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, PixHost, ImgBox etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=114275)

Sid ney August 22nd, 2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLipsOnYourHips (Post 360191)

Does this answer your question?

There have been a few that get through, (maybe one in 20) but at this stage I tend to simply ignore anything linking to them. I've tried this in 3 other browsers aswell. Checked any blocking protocols also..nada. Thanks anyway people.

Sid ney August 22nd, 2008 09:04 PM

Bizarre. I just uploaded the same sample to 'bam, and I can see that just fine. Grumble.

Sid ney August 31st, 2008 12:02 AM

Still crapping out on me. Tried multiple browsers over PC/Mac/non-standard OS'es and still it's a crapshoot. Is there some Java/cookie/adblocking voodoo combo that allows that site actually fulfill it's stated purpose?

Sometimes refresh will do the trick, but mostly not. I'll happily cease & desist now if someone tells me that it's just a random thing.

DTravel August 31st, 2008 02:19 AM

Does your ISP have ImageBam blocked? If you've tried multiple programs from the same IP address with no luck, its time to see if you can do basic stuff like ping their servers.

Sid ney August 31st, 2008 09:57 AM

Well it does work sometimes. I do tend to ignore Bam postings now.
OK, no more from me on this.

Sid ney September 21st, 2008 10:15 AM

Right. There's apparently a conflict between Imagebam & McAfee anti-virus/firewalling. No workaround yet. Not something that can be switched on or off. At least I know that my service provider isn't blocking Bam. Search for imagebam & mcafee. Not very well documented, but a real problem for some people.

Xxphd September 21st, 2008 11:33 AM

Maybe de-install McAfee and switch to Symantec IS?

:cool:

Sid ney September 21st, 2008 11:52 AM

Might just use a different PC with AVG free, as I've nearly 6 months to go on this mcafeee subscription. Or just 'give up' the balance, install AVG on the main computer and enjoy the 50% of VEF I wasn't able to before. Simple choice I suppose!

Xxphd September 21st, 2008 11:59 AM

yep when you have a network @ home it shouldn't be a prob

DTravel September 21st, 2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid ney (Post 388739)
Might just use a different PC with AVG free, as I've nearly 6 months to go on this mcafeee subscription. Or just 'give up' the balance, install AVG on the main computer and enjoy the 50% of VEF I wasn't able to before. Simple choice I suppose!

I have AVG and am considering dumping it and going back to Norton. AVG may have been good at one point but it has begun flagging other (old) software as viruses of a type that their own website doesn't even have listed.