Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imagehost Problems, Imagebam, Imagevenue, PimpAndHost, PixHost, ImgBox etc (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=114275)

Butters September 23rd, 2008 10:20 AM

About 1 in 3-5 images I click with that host gives me a pop-up and takes me to the upload page. What I have simply done is close it and click on the image again and it loads normally, no problem.

Bovon September 23rd, 2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubSalute (Post 390513)

When you use FireFox then NoScript should do the trick.

DB - As I've said this NoScript is wonderful, but sh*t! -have you seen just how many must have got through previously? :eek:

Why would anyone try to hide their IP address if this is the sort of thing that gets through normally? If they can hack into the Pentagon - then presumably the Pentagon or MI5 (UK) can hack into you! Nice add-on though ;)

DubSalute September 23rd, 2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTravel (Post 390713)
DubSalute, I know that all hosts "lose" files over time. What I've seen happening with ImageVenue lately is the loss of up to 1 in 10 non-adult files uploaded less than 24 hours prior.

I also noticed DTravel i just don't want to say it out loud atm but you are right they look to be on a downhill slope atm. Still i have my hopes on them cause they allways provided good and pretty longterm hosting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bovon (Post 390963)
DB - As I've said this NoScript is wonderful, but sh*t! -have you seen just how many must have got through previously? :eek:

Most of the script is not harmfull and it offeres needed navigation options on a lot of sites. You will notice that to work on certain sites you will need to enable script, also on VEF, otherwise some things will not work.

Sid ney September 24th, 2008 12:51 AM

Bizarrely, Imagebam opened up, sesame-like last sunday night. Just around the time I was getting 200 kb/ps rapidshare downloads. Hmm.

dj_poms September 25th, 2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTravel (Post 389214)
I have AVG and am considering dumping it and going back to Norton. AVG may have been good at one point but it has begun flagging other (old) software as viruses of a type that their own website doesn't even have listed.

dont go to norton ; its a virus itself :D
avg is still the best out there

DTravel September 25th, 2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_poms (Post 392667)
dont go to norton ; its a virus itself :D
avg is still the best out there

Every anti-virus program is a virus... according to the other anti-virus programs.

More seriously, I've heard people say Norton is bad for a long time but I never had a problem with it myself. And when I was working on 911 Dispatch systems we told our clients NOT to use McAfee which would screw up running programs because it would lock files regardless of whether another program is trying to use them, causing them to crash.

svga September 26th, 2008 09:59 PM

Same symptom here

Same symptom here: Sometimes I can see images from imagebam. sometimes not.

I analysed a case where it doesn't work:
When I monitor my network traffic I can see that my browser (Firefox 3.0.1/Linux) even don't send a request for the image. I can download the image directly by using wget from the command line, therefore I tend to blame firefox in my case.

Same problem but different causes?

Sid ney October 2nd, 2008 12:28 AM

I can now see imagebam

Since I ditched McAfee and started running AVGfree, I'm getting everything imagebam throws at me. Pimp&host always worked for me actually, although imagevenue was alway king.

To use a local phrase, I'm like a dog with two mickies. Or to quote Blackadder; I'm like a Frenchman who's invented a pair of self-removing trousers.

PS. Will people please stop posting to crapolasites like images*cket that demand age verification? I'm 10½ and proud of it.

kite October 11th, 2008 03:34 PM

I am also having problems viewing imagevenue pics, it just gives me the upload page
everytime, some work but mostly they don't.

I have switched from a emac to a macbook, the emac will pick them up, but the macbook
won't??. Am i missing something?

some help would be greatly appreciated.

DTravel October 11th, 2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kite (Post 409935)
I am also having problems viewing imagevenue pics, it just gives me the upload page
everytime, some work but mostly they don't.

I have switched from a emac to a macbook, the emac will pick them up, but the macbook
won't??. Am i missing something?

some help would be greatly appreciated.

When you get what looks to be the main upload page, look at the upper left corner of the screen. You will probably find a button doing a five second countdown. Once the countdown reaches zero clicking on the button takes you to the picture. Yes, its annoying but IV is apparently operating beyond their capacity and this is one of the measures they've put in place to slow downloads.