Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Imgbox problems (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=284791)

the flu February 23rd, 2015 11:45 AM

Imgbox problems

Hi
I have used imgbox for about 5 months now,and I have never encountered any kinds of problems before.Today though,there seems to be some major issues going on.When I try to access/login on the site this comes up:

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

Anyone with some computer skills that knows what it means? Are their servers down,or something else.
I would appreciate if someone could try to explain what could be happening.
Thanks

New info:It seems that I can watch individual pics posted here in the forum,but I still canīt acces the actual site,how is that possible?

Oswald February 23rd, 2015 04:20 PM

It's due to bad weather....

I believe ImgBox are based in New York City. A few years ago that City experienced very bad weather which resulted ImgBox being down. I understand that NYC is currently on the receiving end of some extremely bad weather - so, ImgBox is down.

aphex1973 February 24th, 2015 02:45 AM

Imgbox appears to be functioning. Once I cleared my browser's cache and cookies, I was able to pull up the homepage and upload files. I've also noticed that although posts appear to have dead links, the images will still pull up if you click on the broken image icon. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon. :)

Diary Of A Nob March 4th, 2015 09:27 PM

Hi all, don't know if this is the right place to post about this but has anyone else noticed some extremely dodgy-looking ad banners on imgbox? It's nothing to do with content that this site's users are posting, but I'm sure nobody wants to link to suspect content so I thought I should tell someone.

The banners are right at the bottom of the pages so you won't notice unless you scroll down by chance, as I did just now. I've viewed quite a few imgbox images this evening and now I'm worried they all had these banners on and I didn't realise. Not sure what can be done about it but thought I should warn people to beware of anything hosted on imgbox, and people uploading images should stop using it!

beutelwolf March 5th, 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diary Of A Nob (Post 3216016)
Hi all, don't know if this is the right place to post about this but has anyone else noticed some extremely dodgy-looking ad banners on imgbox?

Most people (including me) don't see them because we block ads/banners anyway.

However, my past experience with dodgy banners on imagehosts is that they are a sign that your computer/browser has been infected with malware. Sometimes it's just per browser, so if you install a different browser and visit the images you may not get the dodgy banners.

Diary Of A Nob March 6th, 2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beutelwolf (Post 3216368)
Most people (including me) don't see them because we block ads/banners anyway.

However, my past experience with dodgy banners on imagehosts is that they are a sign that your computer/browser has been infected with malware. Sometimes it's just per browser, so if you install a different browser and visit the images you may not get the dodgy banners.

Thanks for your comment. My computer is on the blink at the moment and I can't use ad-block as I normally do - and even when I can't avoid seeing banners I know better than to click on them. But I don't want to see stuff like that at all while browsing - I'm worried there'll be some record of it in my browser history (and therefore visible to my ISP) even though I haven't clicked on anything untoward.

I was alarmed because all the other image hosts have banners all over them (if for whatever reason you're unable to block them) but I've not seen anything of that nature on any site besides imgbox, so assumed it was something imgbox must be responsible for. I clearly don't understand how the relationship between sites and advertisers works (and am just a bit clueless when it comes to computers generally) but I just thought I should warn people.

I'll probably avoid imgbox at least until my computer is fixed, but if it's not an issue for anyone else then... carry on, I suppose. The whole thing has depressed me somewhat, though.

Oswald March 21st, 2016 04:23 PM

ImgBox.

Got this message when I logged into their site.

http://imgbox.com/

Quote:

imgbox

Whoops...
We are having technical difficulties. We'll be back in a bit!

aphex1973 March 21st, 2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oswald (Post 3590355)
ImgBox.

Got this message when I logged into their site.

http://imgbox.com/

Quote:

imgbox

Whoops...
We are having technical difficulties. We'll be back in a bit!

ImgBox has been terribly slow for the last week or so. I would guess that they are once again having server issues. Imagebam hasn't been much better, but I think they share servers so not a huge surprise. :rolleyes:

DTravel March 23rd, 2016 01:11 AM

I've read one report that Imgbox is "moving" as the explanation for its current status.

lagerlout April 19th, 2018 04:45 PM

Just noticed today almost all my imgbox pics for the last couple of months aren't working. I trust this isn't just me ?