Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mega.nz (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=319914)

Executive3 November 11th, 2016 04:23 PM

Mega.nz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norvik_1602 (Post 3838207)
Renewed all dead Uploaded LINKs in my post #2 :cool:

Not to be overly critical, but why so many links ? It's easier just to use MEGA.nz which is free, is fast to download from, and has no limits on file sizes. ;)

MEGA does sometimes take a while to upload to with occasional stalls, but when downloading it's flawless.

Norvik_1602 November 11th, 2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executive3 (Post 3838354)
Not to be overly critical, but why so may links ? It's easier just to use MEGA.nz which is free, is fast to download from, and has no limits on file sizes. ;)

MEGA does sometimes take a while to upload to with occasional stalls, but when downloading it's flawless.

Well, I've decided to use a 700MB 'chunk' size so that determines the number of LINKs, that's not so big that interruptions are a pain, and not too small IMHO.

If I make the 'chunks' any bigger than 1GB then Uploaded doesn't allow downloads to free members.

MEGA has a 10GB per month bandwidth on free accounts, and 50GB storage so it just wouldn't work for me as I've got 200+GB on Uploaded & Filefactory.

Executive3 November 12th, 2016 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norvik_1602 (Post 3838387)
Well, I've decided to use a 700MB 'chunk' size so that determines the number of LINKs, that's not so big that interruptions are a pain, and not too small IMHO.

If I make the 'chunks' any bigger than 1GB then Uploaded doesn't allow downloads to free members.

MEGA has a 10GB per month bandwidth on free accounts, and 50GB storage so it just wouldn't work for me as I've got 200+GB on Uploaded & Filefactory.

I created multiple MEGA accounts, and all of my links from 2 years ago are still active. At 50 GB apiece, you could get your entire directory onto 5 accounts.

Norvik_1602 November 12th, 2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executive3 (Post 3838856)
I created multiple MEGA accounts, and all of my links from 2 years ago are still active. At 50 GB apiece, you could get your entire directory onto 5 accounts.

Having multiple accounts is against MEGA's terms of service, so I'd be risking all of my uploads disappearing overnight if they caught me. Add to that the bother and time to re-upload everything and it's not tempting to me.

Bear in mind that over the years I've had to re-up my files from, amongst others, Netload, Oron, Rapidshare, HotFiles.

As long as my current set-up works, I'm happy.

What is it about multiple links that bothers you?

Is it having to initiate each download?

If so you should use a file downloader, e.g. - JDownloader2 - :thumbsup:

Blue126 November 18th, 2016 11:04 PM

MEGA is currently the Best file hoster...for everyone, but will it last, hope so :)

buttsie November 19th, 2016 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue126 (Post 3846592)
MEGA is currently the Best file hoster...for everone, but will it last, hope so :)

That their the best all around the world is highly debatable

Download speeds are miles ahead of most others but thats only a quarter of the equation

Mega like its former megaupload will survive if enough premium memberships are bought
and they dont go down that foolish celeb royalty path which was going to cost some heavy entertainment industry hitters a lot of revenue.

Everything in the cloud is temporary after 1/2012

With files reaching 12Gb in size i'm thinking all hosts are needed not just a few
Interchangeable links is the best way ahead imho

palo5 November 19th, 2016 08:12 AM

1Fichier.com is the best hoster for me. It's fast up- and downloading for free users, and allows files up to 2GB

The only drawback is that free links die fast if they're not used. But subscriptions are cheap, and membership will protect your files. My sub only cost €10 for a whole year

RafaelS November 23rd, 2016 07:47 PM

I've opened multiple accounts on Mega to upload the files I've shared here on VEF. When or if they die, I'll go to 1fichier.

Welderman November 28th, 2016 07:05 PM

I've just tried to register with mega.nz..:mad:
Do this, do that, confirm this confirm, that..:mad:
Stick it in the clouds..:confused:.
I'll tell you where you can stick it..:thumbsup:

Welderman November 29th, 2016 05:36 PM

Although I slated mega yesterday, I thought i'd give it another go today..
So far so good, but I can't work out how to get it from there to here..:confused: