Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Model ID Request (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Problem Reports, Questions & General Announcements (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=134542)

Pepper II February 3rd, 2015 01:51 AM

Problem Reports, Questions & General Announcements

Hello, members and lurkers.

If you find something amiss or just have any sort of question or comment about this section then this is the place to post. The moderation staff will also occasionally have some announcement or comment and these will be posted here as well. If you are shy or just want to ask a question privately please feel free to send me a private message; I'm here to help.

The answer to most questions will be found in our Model ID Request Section Rules.

If you are unable to start a new model id request thread you will probably find out why if you read this.

BudMan4ever February 6th, 2015 04:19 AM

Is there anything I can do to help clear up this thread? Granted I was a bit of a jerk for saying "take a look at" instead of "for the solve" but even the requester seemed to think it was the correct answer, especially considering he posted all of his pics in Anita Hunter's thread.

BudMan4ever February 6th, 2015 04:26 AM

I'm not sure what I can do to help close this thread since Rubinski's picture example seemed to get lost in the imagevenue zone (sorry Rube, don't mean to throw you under the bus, it just looks that way) but I stand 100% behind her being Krystina King.

Pepper II February 6th, 2015 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudMan4ever (Post 3187317)
Is there anything I can do to help clear up this thread? Granted I was a bit of a jerk for saying "take a look at" instead of "for the solve" but even the requester seemed to think it was the correct answer, especially considering he posted all of his pics in Anita Hunter's thread.

All taken care of.

Pepper II February 7th, 2015 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BudMan4ever (Post 3187320)
I'm not sure what I can do to help close this thread since Rubinski's picture example seemed to get lost in the imagevenue zone (sorry Rube, don't mean to throw you under the bus, it just looks that way) but I stand 100% behind her being Krystina King.

I've bumped the thread so we'll see.

Pepper II February 7th, 2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by effCup (Post 3184619)
Last I looked Immy had been given a score of 1 for the Pia Fris mystery-unfolded here (#2) when instead I think there should be several points for him?

Immy has been awarded the unfolded mystery solve and has received 7 points.

Xenocyde February 8th, 2015 12:44 PM

Hi guys. I solved a request yesterday and I can't find that thread anymore, plus my reply was deleted as well. It was a thread asking for a smoking blond mature and I identified her as April Ariksen. This happened a few times in the past several years with some other threads and I don't understand what's going on when these things happen. Can you please explain why these threads get deleted? Am I doing something wrong? :S

sweatyhat February 8th, 2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocyde (Post 3189804)
Hi guys. I solved a request yesterday and I can't find that thread anymore, plus my reply was deleted as well. It was a thread asking for a smoking blond mature and I identified her as April Ariksen. This happened a few times in the past several years with some other threads and I don't understand what's going on when these things happen. Can you please explain why these threads get deleted? Am I doing something wrong? :S

Hi Xenocyde :)

Please understand that the mod team is always permanently stretched and we don't always have time to explain our actions.
Quote:

Basic Rules:
  • VEF moderators reserve the right to remove or edit posts without notice. When this happens - do not repost! Due to our limited resources, you may not receive a message explaining the removal. An explanation will almost always be found in the Forum Rules.

Your last post was removed by me. There wasn't anything wrong with it but the member making the ID request you responded to used a rule circumvention for illustration. I consider this far worse than something posted in ignorance as it's quite deliberate. I felt he didn't deserve his question answered so I took down the entire thread. When post #1 goes, everything else has to go with it. :o

beutelwolf February 12th, 2015 09:02 PM

Just had a look at the mystery box 2013, and found this post there. Looks to me as if there was some confusion when some of the new staff took over of what to do with the additional material threads for the box, because some were not linked at all, and this one made an entry of its own in the box???
Moreover, the 2010 box entry this ultimately refers to has a link to an additional material thread, but that link is dead.

Just in case that confusion still persists: if an additional material thread is created, a link should be added to its box post, linking to that thread. (Not an entry of their own.) And it should look as in that 2010 box entry, except for that minor imperfection that working links would be ever so slightly more appreciated.

There are probably still quite a few additional-material threads in the mystery corner that have not been linked yet from the box.

Pepper II February 13th, 2015 01:10 AM

I have no idea why this was in the Mystery Box so I moved it to the Mystery Corner and updated the link in the Box post. There is a backlog of threads still in the ID Request section which need to be moved to the Mystery Corner as well and I will be taking care of those as time allows but it will be a while before everything is brought up to date so please don't report those. Any discrepancies found in Mystery Box posts should be reported here as usual. Thanks.