Vintage Erotica Forums

Vintage Erotica Forums (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/index.php)
-   Help Section (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Depositfiles free downloads extremely slow (http://vintage-erotica-forum.com/showthread.php?t=324384)

jjcanada January 24th, 2017 12:54 PM

Depositfiles free downloads extremely slow

Lately, free DF downloads come at a trickle, and often terminate before completion.

Do any of you experience this too?

Can I get around this problem, or do I have to get a Gold account?

Thanks for your ideas.

m100 January 24th, 2017 02:46 PM

i've used deposit files a lot recently and if anything they have been faster than normal although they are always much quicker than most for me anyway. i'd suggest the age old clear your cookies, temporary files, browsing history and then give it a go.

AlanH January 24th, 2017 03:21 PM

Recently, I have found DF frees come with malware alerts, or reroutes to unconnected sites - maybe phishing.
A few minutes ago on a free download I had a security warning where some organisation was demanding my details. The only way out was to ctl-alt-del and clear out the firefox cache.
I would steer well clear of DP.

m100 January 24th, 2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanH (Post 3920054)
Recently, I have found DF frees come with malware alerts, or reroutes to unconnected sites - maybe phishing.
A few minutes ago on a free download I had a security warning where some organisation was demanding my details. The only way out was to ctl-alt-del and clear out the firefox cache.
I would steer well clear of DP.

install adblock i've had much less of them since i did, they come with the territory on a lot of filesharing sites. i just did 435mb off DP in 40 minutes

AlanH January 24th, 2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m100 (Post 3920062)
install adblock

Adblock plus is already installed.

It does come with the territory. DP is suspicious now, but tomorrow, it might be someone else.

m100 January 24th, 2017 04:31 PM

i usually get a fake video site warning off zippyshare but the avg gets rid of that. not had anything off file factory for ages. bigfile is like a whole supermarket of attacks.

31D1 January 24th, 2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcanada (Post 3919945)
Lately, free DF downloads come at a trickle, and often terminate before completion.

Thanks for your ideas.

DF is just weird overall. That said, I love 'em ;):thumbsup:
Sometimes their download speed can get as high as 200kb/s, sometimes as low as 30kb/s (that's K2S slow), sometimes they allow you to download files one after another (one at a time, back to back, that is) without a wait period in between, sometimes there is a wait period in between, sometimes you have to wait a minute to start a new download, sometimes it's 5 seconds, etc. They're great (I sound like Tony the Tiger), and it is my go-to place to upload and download, but they do have weird tendencies. But, it's good weird tendencies, really.

Oh and yes, I too have sometimes had some of my downloads stop abruptly. But it doesn't happen too often, unlike some other fileshosting sites (uploaded.net)

m100 January 24th, 2017 08:12 PM

if I see an uploaded link I move on, I know people on here use them and that's their choice but it's not for me. keep2share generally runs maybe 50/60kbs for me which is ok for 300-400mb but I won't try over that

buttsie January 25th, 2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcanada (Post 3919945)

Thanks for your ideas.

I've had 1 failed download recently and that was d e p f i l e s -2017 (related to DF no idea)
All other versions of depositfiles / dfiles etc - no issues - apart from ad-block plus playing havoc with solve-media awhile back

- using firefox 50.1.0 - ad-block plus / add block plus add-on / no script
- all plugins disabled - the worst ones removed entirely because
- firefox doesnt update them automatically
- connection usb mobile modem

You never upgrade until you understand the cause

The only way around is trial and error - sometimes where browsers fail download managers succeed but you can never generalise with any file

Jdownloader seems to be the one people mention the most for filehosts
but there are a plethora of them about

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...ad-manager.htm

It might be your browser has a malfunctioning extension or plugin thats the cause

Could be the host and the file that the server is on suddenly starts experiencing too much demand because its been posted on multiple forums all on the same day.

As i've said in the past trying for files when their still on the top 1-4 pages as a free user
is like having a lucky dip

The premium users can have as many downloads as their connection can handle which has a habit of over stressing servers and we free users get kicked off them.

No solution for that except joining them as a premium member

Slayer80 April 11th, 2018 03:12 PM

So, I had the same "issue" today with a file. First I was too lazy to open jdownloader and in the browser I only got 50 KiB/s and had to wait for 99 seconds. So I tried it with jdownloader and had to wait 60 seconds and got a speed around 200 KiB/s.
I don't know why there is a difference but 200 KiB/s are still ok for a free user.